• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Post 4th of July thoughts

Typhoon Tip

There's quite a big gradient in temperatures early on, so far running the opposite of last month. BOS is +2.1F, but NYC is -0.1F. I don't see many below normal days coming, though....we're probably all between 1-2F above after this week.

I think most of the precipitation Saturday night/Sunday was running on a NW-SE axis, so some of it has missed Boston metro as it's moved through Upstate NY, into the Berkshires, and through NYC. We must have had close to 2" of rain in the northern Poconos this past weekend, although the station here picked up only .28" just outside of NYC. I have a feeling some of it is terrain-enhanced thunderstorms, as the area of NE PA where my parents have the lake house always seems to see a lot more frequent afternoon thunderstorms...we had several rounds starting early Sunday morning and lasting much of the day. Soils are wet in the Poconos, and I'd say about average here in NYC metro where I have the vegetable garden. I'm certainly not worried about the corn or eggplants getting dry.

Everything is extremely dry here and my grass started turning yellow awhile ago, which is par for the course here in the summer. Probably why I was up into the low 90s yesterday also. I only had 0.13" of rain.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60/54 here at midnight ...so no humidity yet... The low/high split on Tuesday was 55/81. It certainly felt warm in full sun at 81 with that searing solstice sun yet.... but I had to work down in the Mid Hudson Valley and that was more serious heat there where it was probably pushing 90.

63/59, very nice evening, no a/c required here in GC. Forest cooled air FTW.

The house was 68 at 7 AM and peaked at 77 around 7 PM...so I didn't feel a/c was needed. It was back down to 74 by 9 PM.

No doubt I'll need it for some stretch in later July etc. so I figure be frugal now.

This house sits in 100% full sun all day so it's not an artificially cool woodland. It is what it is....

Yeah, my wife is not happy I have the AC on. I want full on winter in my bedroom. Icicles, breath showing, etc. Glad it is cooler for you

58F and I think I'm dying. Every time I fall asleep I immediately go into uncontrollable sweats. I've gotten about 3hrs of sleep and have gone through 3 shirts. This is worse than anything I had all of last winter.

Quite a line to read at 5:15 AM.lol Hope you feel better. Perhaps your fever is trying to break. It's either that or you're about to expire. Anyway, Good luck.

54/54, a perfect night for sleeping, cool dry air is so nice. Looks like low 80's possible today then it's back to the wonderful 70's. I'll miss the early morning birdsong as we go forward from here. That's about the only down side I can think of. We're through the first week of July pretty much unscathed by heat. Hope it stays that way.

Quite a line to read at 5:15 AM.lol Hope you feel better. Perhaps your fever is trying to break. It's either that or you're about to expire. Anyway, Good luck.

Thanks...I'm just completely worn down at this point. I've been reluctantly popping the pills to break the fever every 6 hrs for days now, but last night was just strangely different. I don't think I've ever sweat like that in my life. Every time my fever has broken I've sweat a little bit as my temp comes down, but only for a few minutes...not hours like this.

Anyways...we should see some storms pop up this afternoon and evening although probably not much in the way of severe. It's been awhile since I've had any storms here so even a regular ol' +TSRA is fine with me.

Thanks...I'm just completely worn down at this point. I've been reluctantly popping the pills to break the fever every 6 hrs for days now, but last night was just strangely different. I don't think I've ever sweat like that in my life. Every time my fever has broken I've sweat a little bit as my temp comes down, but only for a few minutes...not hours like this.

Anyways...we should see some storms pop up this afternoon and evening although probably not much in the way of severe. It's been awhile since I've had any storms here so even a regular ol' +TSRA is fine with me.

Sweats are usually an indication that you're trying to break this, so that's good. Hopefully you're over the peak of it. Good news is that your hood looks good for tstms.

I thought maybe the 6z MAV would start to back down 1-2F for its highs today, but instead it upped many sites ~1F. It has struggled to verify this spring/summer when going for the really hot stuff. With 850s 15-17C the 96F (36C) it has for ASH will be tough to verify. We'd probably need to mix up to H7-H75 to get that warm. The 3-4F cooler 00z MET is likely more realistic. Yesterday was a slight underperformer as well.

I thought maybe the 6z MAV would start to back down 1-2F for its highs today, but instead it upped many sites ~1F. It has struggled to verify this spring/summer when going for the really hot stuff. With 850s 15-17C the 96F (36C) it has for ASH will be tough to verify. We'd probably need to mix up to H7-H75 to get that warm. The 3-4F cooler 00z MET is likely more realistic. Yesterday was a slight underperformer as well.

Dews aren't that high so we should warm up quickly, but yeah MAV is pretty warm.

Do we have any shot at storms today/tomorrow\tonight?

I think early this evening, we have a shot. Timing isn't all that great further east, but they could hold together. Tomorrow looks like it could be a HFD-PVD-PYM thing. It will all depend on how where the front hangs up. Sometimes these fronts drag there feet when they get into SNE, so that might bold well for places closer to the pike, but again..we'll see.

I think early this evening, we have a shot. Timing isn't all that great further east, but they could hold together. Tomorrow looks like it could be a HFD-PVD-PYM thing. It will all depend on how where the front hangs up. Sometimes these fronts drag there feet when they get into SNE, so that might bold well for places closer to the pike, but again..we'll see.

What about up here? I'd really like some natural rain for my garden.. haven't had that in a while

You posted yesterday that you were getting heavy heavy rain

Lol it lasted about 3 and a half minutes.. the soil was probably dry again in about a minute

I tried golfing yesterday.. tin foil boxers when I was done

Archived