Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Post 4th of July thoughts

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c'mon now...you love heat waves. it's OK. no one holds it against you. :lol:

Well ...you're right in a sense, but I am also kind of a douche for it honestly.... What I love about them is the synoptic evolution and the Meteorology. Some of the most fantastic ones really have a set of similar leading circumstances "I" believe are also identifiable in teleconnector and operational runs.

What I hate is the heat its self - seriously. No one sane want to sit around sweating for merely having a heart beat. That's not good. Eh, guess you can't have one without the other.

I tell you one thing I hate both and that is ice storms - hard to predict, frustrating therein, dismal when they happen because of the utter paralysis that comes along with...

Well ...you're right in a sense, but I am also kind of a douche for it honestly.... What I love about them is the synoptic evolution and the Meteorology. Some of the most fantastic ones really have a set of similar leading circumstances "I" believe are also identifiable in teleconnector and operational runs.

What I hate is the heat its self - seriously. No one sane want to sit around sweating for merely having a heart beat. That's not good. Eh, guess you can't have one without the other.

I tell you one thing I hate both and that is ice storms - hard to predict, frustrating therein, dismal when they happen because of the utter paralysis that comes along with...

Interesting. From a met aspect the 2008 one was really fascinating to me. The destruction/annoyance factor it caused did really make me not "like" it, but it was better than sleet.

Interesting. From a met aspect the 2008 one was really fascinating to me. The destruction/annoyance factor it caused did really make me not "like" it, but it was better than sleet.

I just don't like losing power... The point of it is sharing abroad and that goes bye bye when the lights go out. No entertainment. No f k ng toast man. No thanks.

I just don't like losing power... The point of it is sharing abroad and that goes bye bye when the lights go out. No entertainment. No f k ng toast man. No thanks.

Which is why I am beginning to not like these thunderstorms we've had this summer... just got power back after a 75 minute outage.

That was quite the storm and it was trucking across the sky... entire thing lasted about 10-15 minutes with gusts to 50mph and a ton of lightning. Lots of small limbs down and a few larger trees. I posted BTV's current storm damage in the SVR thread.

NAM holding onto the warm core system, and even euro ensembles have a wave coming through Saturday morning. This looks more like a baroclinic wave, but perhaps some heavier rains possible?

gfs has a wave as well, nam blows up any TSC into a tropical system, maybe some heavier rains along the south coast into eastern new england though.

Topped out at 84.4F for the first hot day in a long time. The warmest day since that 89F four weeks ago. The low was 58.5.

Then the T storms rolled through and it crashed to 68F. feels nice now with a breeze and 69.

I was out for the hottest wx today and now it feels fine so no a/c needed.

Topped out at 89F today. No heat wave for you!

Topped out at 84.4F for the first hot day in a long time. The warmest day since that 89F four weeks ago. The low was 58.5.

Then the T storms rolled through and it crashed to 68F. feels nice now with a breeze and 69.

I was out for the hottest wx today and now it feels fine so no a/c needed.

64/61, a high of 84 here as well Rick with a low of 54. It was hot by my standards to. Fortunately the rain cooled it right off and it's now very nice with the breeze. One day of heat and now it's back to the 70's forcthe next couple days. A perfectly tolerable summer. Also like the frequent rain we're catching. Some people are talking about dry conditions but not here.

some good rains around the area friday/friday night? maybe all the heavy stuff splits the region, but potential is there.

wouldn't be hard to pull off a spot/isolated 3 or 4" total somewhere.

Could really be wet if things fall into place. Potential definitely there.

Archived