Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: :lol:

yeah you guys will pull into BWI and he'll step out looking like this:

post-218-0-10232400-1309978627.jpg

:lmao: :lmao:

I 'll never forget the time when i walked into his and Will's room at the first conf they went to and there was 3 or 4 diferent bottles of gels and mousses he used for his hair. It was like a salon..There were blow dryers, hair picks, even an apron

You're 10F higher than AFN and MHT who are at 59F at 3pm. A home station dewpoint is probably the variable I'm least likely to trust simply because of the RH error and drift with time that they have.

btw...you need to fix your lat/long or elevation because you have MADIS upset...

http://weather.glads....net/site/D7666

:snowman:

I'll just take it offline, haven't looked into it .

I'll just take it offline, haven't looked into it .

Actually it looks like your lat/long on there is different from wunderground. All you have to do on that MADIS page is move the cursor to where the station actually is, submit it, and it will correct for you in a few days.

Actually it looks like your lat/long on there is different from wunderground. All you have to do on that MADIS page is move the cursor to where the station actually is, submit it, and it will correct for you in a few days.

Brian, how does it calculate the errors? Just wondering what source or method it uses to calculate error.

Brian, how does it calculate the errors? Just wondering what source or method it uses to calculate error.

I honestly don't know the full scope of it all. Here's the MADIS QC page...

http://madis.noaa.gov/madis_qc.html

They have certain stations that they check your data to, but they don't tell you which ones. I find that they're fairly lenient on the QC checks. The data has to be drastically different from your surroundings to get flagged as cautionary or bad. Sometimes it flags Mt Wash as bad which always gives me a good laugh. The other time it happens frequently are on those strong radiational cooling nights in winter (at sites like SLK, BML, and HIE) where they drop off like a rock to a shallow -30F.

It was hot inland today, worked in north stamford, in the direct sun all day, exhausted. Lawns and gardens could use some rain, but that does not look likely anytime soon here...temp was 89 when I left at 250, got home to 83, but the dew point is 69, feels like summer!

Bring on the heat, its going to be a hot month baby!!!:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

I'm toying with the idea that we end up with some training later this evening... The front that is coming through is slowing down and tending to parallel the flow.

Ill try and refrain from the first sentence Lol.. what's training though?

Hopefully not. I'm trying to go the year without a 90F reading. Making it through July would be a big hurdle as the chances really diminish into August.

Euro really building a huge heat dome though to out west by D7-10....but the NAO block wants to keep it compressed to our S and W with the Canadian Maritimes trough.

That's mutable in my opinion... As is, the operational runs of both species have had a by and large +NAO taking over the domain, pervasively too. In fact, the ECM's version has on more than one occasion depicted a +NAO so vast that it backs lowering heights down from eastern Canada - this of course would take place without a block... Sometimes that does happen though - winter 1993/94 was like that... Don't know about summer though- seeming kind of wrong because the wavelengths are nearly long enough in summer to allow that.

That all said, the 00z CPC run has the NAO negative after about 5 days of bringing it positive so :arrowhead:

Cape', you got it wrong, I don't want it hot.

What are you thinking tip? Any chance in sne or pretty much fizzled out SVR STORMS?

Not hugely impressed with this for now. There is a theta-e ridge - normal - out just ahead of weak cold front in coming... We really need to sustain DPs above 62F as a minimum and now we are at or under 60 - not even SBCAPE/MUCAPE together.

I think the impetus for the eastern end of watch areas could be the termini of the outflow boundaries containing still some good wind. *IF* that theta-e ridge moves in we'd have greater risk.

That's mutable in my opinion... As is, the operational runs of both species have had a by and large +NAO taking over the domain, pervasively too. In fact, the ECM's version has on more than one occasion depicted a +NAO so vast that it backs lowering heights down from eastern Canada - this of course would take place without a block... Sometimes that does happen though - winter 1993/94 was like that... Don't know about summer though- seeming kind of wrong because the wavelengths are nearly long enough in summer to allow that.

That all said, the 00z CPC run has the NAO negative after about 5 days of bringing it positive so :arrowhead:

Cape', you got it wrong, I don't want it hot.

c'mon now...you love heat waves. it's OK. no one holds it against you. :lol:

Not hugely impressed with this for now. There is a theta-e ridge - normal - out just ahead of weak cold front in coming... We really need to sustain DPs above 62F as a minimum and now we are at or under 60 - not even SBCAPE/MUCAPE together.

I think the impetus for the eastern end of watch areas could be the termini of the outflow boundaries containing still some good wind. *IF* that theta-e ridge moves in we'd have greater risk.

Did you get hit the other night? Too far north for me

Archived