wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Post 4th of July thoughts

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is hot for FMH...I don't think it's ever been above 82 or 83 when I've been there..and we've been going there for 9 summers now always around the 4th

Last year on July 4, 5, 6, 7 FMH went 87F, 86F, 91F, 89F,

I came home on the morning of the 5th last year. I don't recall it being that hot on the 4th . Where we stay right near the water I don't think it was that hot

any marine influence like that makes a huge difference. it's really not just here either (though maybe more pronounced here)...i can remember living in quincy and i was only a few stones throw from wollaston beach but even just that short distance made a difference. there's definitely "relief" at the beach a lot of days even if you don't go in the water.

any marine influence like that makes a huge difference. it's really not just here either (though maybe more pronounced here)...i can remember living in quincy and i was only a few stones throw from wollaston beach but even just that short distance made a difference. there's definitely "relief" at the beach a lot of days even if you don't go in the water.

Yeah their house is right on Shore Drive in FMH.due north of MVY. so it faces s..maybe sw to the ocean.. It can be nasty humid..but I don't ever recall seeing either car thermo or the house one ever getting above the low 80's. It's almost always in the mid-upper 70's

Yeah their house is right on Shore Drive in FMH.due north of MVY. so it faces s..maybe sw to the ocean.. It can be nasty humid..but I don't ever recall seeing either car thermo or the house one ever getting above the low 80's. It's almost always in the mid-upper 70's

shooting some pool with birving?

This weather is just insane, sunny low 80s, man I wish it would never end. Maybe this will be the winter without a winter, snowy for two weeks around xmas then 07-08 type of stuff, low to mid 50s and sunny, that was a fantastic winter.

This weather is just insane, sunny low 80s, man I wish it would never end. Maybe this will be the winter without a winter, snowy for two weeks around xmas then 07-08 type of stuff, low to mid 50s and sunny, that was a fantastic winter.

79.5" in '07-'08. :thumbsup:

12z euro shows hints at a more meaningful type of heat very late in the run...maybe a "better" set-up for it than what we've seen recently as the entire heat dome is placed more easterly with more pronounced troughing over the western 1/3rd of the nation and the western atlantic ridge asserting itself. instead of little plumes of heat ejecting east in advance of a trough we'd be in a more traditional set-up. we'll see.

12z euro shows hints at a more meaningful type of heat very late in the run...maybe a "better" set-up for it than what we've seen recently as the entire heat dome is placed more easterly with more pronounced troughing over the western 1/3rd of the nation and the western atlantic ridge asserting itself. instead of little plumes of heat ejecting east in advance of a trough we'd be in a more traditional set-up. we'll see.

Bring it baby!

But life at d10 is always a fantasy... heat or snow

Great news Phil! Until then 80s and sun will have to do, hope your getting to enjoy the beach a little this summer!

Heat wave potential for ASH, LWM, BOS, CON, and FIT. 91, 91, 90, 90, 90 respectively at those sites today.

So far today...

ASH...2 hourlies of 89F. Good chance they hit 90F.

LWM...90F @ 20z

BOS...6hr max of 88F at 18z, but light seabreeze kicked in. Probably didn't make it.

CON...Couple obs of 88F. May have hit 90F, but I doubt it.

FIT...6hr max of 90F at 18z.

Archived