joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Vacation Banter

Mr Torchey

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is there though, if you can deal with heat its the perfect time to go, easy on the wallet too.

We are hitting Orlando and Daytona Beach Aug 1-10 this year. We can't get away at other times of the year, and the $$$ is much cheaper than April, Feb, etc. We got a sweet deal at a Disney resort, free dining, and cheap airfares.

Still might not be worth the 95/75 weather... :maphot:

Flying out of lovely BDL

We usually do a Storyland/White Mountains trip, but not this summer I think. I want to move up there someday

Heading to the deep South this coming Friday. Flying into JAX from Manchester and then driving to Thomasville, GA for a week or so. There will be a couple day break in Panama City Beach, FL. We used to make the trip in April or May before the heat down there got really cranking but now that my son is in school we have to wait till he gets out. Even though I am looking forward to seeing my parents, right now down there it is 95/67 :axe:

You should stay through Winter.

Nah, the semi- constant cold and snow would be too much for me. I like SE winters with just the occasional snow and less intense cold.

I forgot to mention that I was in the town of Brewster on Cape Cod over the weekend...I was staying on the bay side and saw one partially obscured sunset. It was downright cool at times on Friday...felt great! The low tides were interesting with the sandbars going so far out! Went to a restaurant with pheasant in the name.

Doing my daily walk on vacation here on the eastside of Providence with 70's and RH's nice and low. Ahhhhhhh! Definitely beats out the SE at this time of year.

Change of environment is always good, I cant wait to get back home to litchfield beach/pawleys island for the first two weeks of august, pristine beaches, and do absolutely nothing but enjoy the ocean and low country living.

Doing my daily walk on vacation here on the eastside of Providence with 70's and RH's nice and low. Ahhhhhhh! Definitely beats out the SE at this time of year.

For you newbies....Larry's one of the originals going way back and one of the most astute posters on the bb. Welcome to SNE Larry! When did you move to Savannah from Atlanta?

For you newbies....Larry's one of the originals going way back and one of the most astute posters on the bb. Welcome to SNE Larry! When did you move to Savannah from Atlanta?

Thanks, Jerry! Since visiting near Danbury, CT, back in the 1960's when a little tyke, this is the first time back in NE and is the first time ever in either RI or Mass. Wow, I'm in Blizz22 and Jerry land! Hard to believe.....almost surreal.

I'll be leaving to start back south tomorrow.

I moved to Savannah late in 2010. However, a move back to ATL is quite possible at some

point. Regardless, I travel between the two cities fairly frequently.

Thanks, Jerry! Since visiting near Danbury, CT, back in the 1960's when a little tyke, this is the first time back in NE and is the first time ever in either RI or Mass. Wow, I'm in Blizz22 and Jerry land! Hard to believe.....almost surreal.

I'll be leaving to start back south tomorrow.

I moved to Savannah late in 2010. However, a move back to ATL is quite possible at some

point. Regardless, I travel between the two cities fairly frequently.

Travel safely Larry. Nice that we had picture perfect wx over the weekend particularly Sunday. And come back!

Isn't it great we all can stay in NE and have the best of everything from the White MTns to lonely white sand beaches with great surf on the SRI Cape areas to the fabulous lakes and campgrounds of Maine, Mass, VT, CT , we are truly blessed. I have been to some awesome spots around the country but my most memorable peaceful vacations have been right here in New England.

Isn't it great we all can stay in NE and have the best of everything from the White MTns to lonely white sand beaches with great surf on the SRI Cape areas to the fabulous lakes and campgrounds of Maine, Mass, VT, CT , we are truly blessed. I have been to some awesome spots around the country but my most memorable peaceful vacations have been right here in New England.

Amen!

Hiked MWN with some friends last weekend and spent the weekend at a friend's lake house in NH.

Later this summer I am hoping to kayak a 150 mile stretch of the mid/northern Maine coast from Rockland to Machias with some friends and spend some time on Vinalhaven. To me, that section of coast is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

Amen!

Hiked MWN with some friends last weekend and spent the weekend at a friend's lake house in NH.

Later this summer I am hoping to kayak a 150 mile stretch of the mid/northern Maine coast from Rockland to Machias with some friends and spend some time on Vinalhaven. To me, that section of coast is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

Love that section of Maine, sounds like fun!

Amen!

Maybe Vim Toot can welcome you aboard his super yacht for some tootalage

Did some research on Orlando in August... the average high is 91.5F... avg low is 73.5

I think I will die

Everything is AC'd down there. Even the lines at the park all have those mist devices to help cool you down. You'll get some nice aftn storms to help out as well.

Archived