Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Summer Vacation Banter

Mr Torchey

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What beach would you recommend in RI or Western Connecticut? The fewer the people on a Saturday the better! But I'll take any recommendations

My favorite is Second Beach, or Sachusett Beach, in Middletown, RI, next door to Newport. Ginx has a secret beach that is awesome... Westerly is nice, but small.

Misquamicutt is good, I like Scarborough, but that can get crowded.

Yeah, good to wait until summer like Pete...

I'm not sure if we hit the Whites before Labor Day, since we are going here in less than 2 weeks:

1.1255918146.the-wilderness-lodge.jpg

Personally, I love Orlando. There is lots to do in that area. Disney Resorts are pretty nice...they don't mess around. Food is usually good too.

Personally, I love Orlando. There is lots to do in that area. Disney Resorts are pretty nice...they don't mess around. Food is usually good too.

And free this trip - got a nice dining upgrade for no real reason. We had already booked it and the sent it to us in the mail. Bonus $950 or so.

I have only been to Orlando a couple of times and only for a few days each time. This should be a good trip - 7 days with the mouse, 3 in Daytona Beach

I still prefer NH...

And free this trip - got a nice dining upgrade for no real reason. We had already booked it and the sent it to us in the mail. Bonus $950 or so.

I have only been to Orlando a couple of times and only for a few days each time. This should be a good trip - 7 days with the mouse, 3 in Daytona Beach

I still prefer NH...

I guess I've been there enough to know where to go. Of course I can do the more adult thing too....but that will change eventually. laugh.gif

If you have a chance...check out New Smyrna Beach. Daytona can be a bit crowded at times.

Late Sunday night cant come soon enough, 12 days on the beach, we never leave our house, fresh seafood everynight. I have started the tower of power, need to get 3 more 30 packs, our friends that we go with have already bought the bacardi 8 select for the rum runners at happy hour at the pool after the beach. Just need to get a couple cases of wine and we are set for the week, besides the obvious beer runs 4 30 packs should last about a week on the sand.:thumbsup:

Late Sunday night cant come soon enough, 12 days on the beach, we never leave our house, fresh seafood everynight. I have started the tower of power, need to get 3 more 30 packs, our friends that we go with have already bought the bacardi 8 select for the rum runners at happy hour at the pool after the beach. Just need to get a couple cases of wine and we are set for the week, besides the obvious beer runs 4 30 packs should last about a week on the sand.:thumbsup:

Skunk piss

have fun.. you're 330 mi away . just have to drive due East

A little over a month.. I LOVE IT

I am so jealous! I cant wait to get back home sunday for two weeks!! By the way check out where we stay......its called Litchfield By the Sea, in Pawleys island SC, perfect vacation for you and the family, top notch, yet affordable.

Your a lucky man to be living in rebel territory, good luck Roberto!

I am so jealous! I cant wait to get back home sunday for two weeks!! By the way check out where we stay......its called Litchfield By the Sea, in Pawleys island SC, perfect vacation for you and the family, top notch, yet affordable.

Your a lucky man to be living in rebel territory, good luck Roberto!

The earliest known inhabitants of the area were Waccamaw and Winyah Indians. They called the area "Chicora", meaning "the land", and the term is frequently used by locals.

The breezy island quickly became a refuge from the mosquitoes that were notable during the summer. With African slaves that were brought to the area came malaria, so those of means would move to summer cottages on the island to avoid the mosquito-vectored malaria and other sicknesses. "Why should we have to suffer like the slaves?", said young Mary Alston. The town's namesake George Pawley owned the island during the colonial era, and sold portions of it to other planters who wanted to escape malaria.

Sounds like a wonderful paradise down there on Pawleys Island! Best summer ever!

The earliest known inhabitants of the area were Waccamaw and Winyah Indians. They called the area "Chicora", meaning "the land", and the term is frequently used by locals.

The breezy island quickly became a refuge from the mosquitoes that were notable during the summer. With African slaves that were brought to the area came malaria, so those of means would move to summer cottages on the island to avoid the mosquito-vectored malaria and other sicknesses. "Why should we have to suffer like the slaves?", said young Mary Alston. The town's namesake George Pawley owned the island during the colonial era, and sold portions of it to other planters who wanted to escape malaria.

Sounds like a wonderful paradise down there on Pawleys Island! Best summer ever!

I agree birv, I cant wait to get home, its paradise.

Archived