• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Vacation Banter

Mr Torchey

Everything is AC'd down there. Even the lines at the park all have those mist devices to help cool you down. You'll get some nice aftn storms to help out as well.

We went in April 5 years ago (before our daughter) and it was perfect temp/humidity-wise. Like a New England summer day. We're staying in a pretty sweet place for the time in Orlando (Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights) then at relative's in Daytona Beach.

Will have to prep for the weather down there by cranking up the heat in my house and cooking pasta all day

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have good friends up in watch hill the last few days they said its been simply stunning weather , water is a bit chilly but crystal clear and decent body surfing, have fun tomorrow ginxy! I think we are headed up on sat for the night

we have good friends up in watch hill the last few days they said its been simply stunning weather , water is a bit chilly but crystal clear and decent body surfing, have fun tomorrow ginxy! I think we are headed up on sat for the night

That area is just about the nicest part of SNE IMHO

NNE has the mountains though

We went in April 5 years ago (before our daughter) and it was perfect temp/humidity-wise. Like a New England summer day. We're staying in a pretty sweet place for the time in Orlando (Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights) then at relative's in Daytona Beach.

Will have to prep for the weather down there by cranking up the heat in my house and cooking pasta all day

You will feel humidity like you've never felt before..lol. Daytona is pretty cool (not weather-wise). Water will be very warm, and you'll get good waves.

That area is just about the nicest part of SNE IMHO

NNE has the mountains though

No doubt about it, I have been lucky to do extensive traveling and see some fine fine beaches. Outside of the low country of south carolina coastal Rhode Island is my fave to go to. I love Galilee, pt judith, mis, watch hill, so many small beaches that have white sands, great waves and majestic views. Block Island is my second favorite place to be in the world, especially off season, but summers are fantastic as well, just a great small island that has every kind of beach imaginable, charm, and certainly not as stuffy as nantucket or the vineyard, its my kinda place.

Yeah, we stayed right on the beach 5 years ago. Very nice beach, lots of tackiness in each direction, lol

If you can..try to go to New Smyrna Beach. It's a very nice beach that's a little quieter than Daytona. It's maybe 30 minutes south I think. There are two parts...one with and without the ability to drive on the beach. The southern part of the beach is where cars aren't allowed, so that might be best. I was just there in April.

No doubt about it, I have been lucky to do extensive traveling and see some fine fine beaches. Outside of the low country of south carolina coastal Rhode Island is my fave to go to. I love Galilee, pt judith, mis, watch hill, so many small beaches that have white sands, great waves and majestic views. Block Island is my second favorite place to be in the world, especially off season, but summers are fantastic as well, just a great small island that has every kind of beach imaginable, charm, and certainly not as stuffy as nantucket or the vineyard, its my kinda place.

Watch Hill carousel... awesome

If you can..try to go to New Smyrna Beach. It's a very nice beach that's a little quieter than Daytona. It's maybe 30 minutes south I think. There are two parts...one with and without the ability to drive on the beach. The southern part of the beach is where cars aren't allowed, so that might be best. I was just there in April.

I don't understand the whole "drive on the beach" thing. I guess last year, several people (mostly kids I think) were killed by cars...

Anyway, my favorite New England Beach...

The summer office... ride ATV to summit, turn on Gondola, sit back and enjoy the view all day long.

IMG_6347_edited-2.jpg

Office with a view...

IMG_6354_edited-2.jpg

IMG_6345_edited-2.jpg

IMG_6360_edited-2.jpg

Awesome day for the summer solstice... crisp mountain air, views to Mount Washington in the morning... slowly fading in the afternoon as the humidity and haze increase. It won't be long till its snowing up here, haha.

The summer office... ride ATV to summit, turn on Gondola, sit back and enjoy the view all day long.

Office with a view...

Awesome day for the summer solstice... crisp mountain air, views to Mount Washington in the morning... slowly fading in the afternoon as the humidity and haze increase. It won't be long till its snowing up here, haha.

Seriously, they should not be paying you

Seriously, they should not be paying you

We have too much fun working at the ski resort. There's never a dull moment in mountain operations. Just a bunch of boys playing with their machines and mountain. Yesterday we had a team take an excavator down the double-black Liftline and that sounded exciting... driving a massive machine basically down a series of cliffs. Even the gondi evacuation training we did yesterday was highly entertaining... like one big ropes course, climb lift tower, shimmy down the cable and lower yourself down to the roof of the cabin 60 feet in the air, open door and coax stranded passengers out the door on belay. The chances of an evac are very low but the training is entertaining as its always fun to climb things and play with ropes.

If you ever get bored of an inside job, I'd highly recommend one at a ski area. You won't get rich quickly (or ever, really) but everyday you get to have that mindset of a 5-year-old-in-a-sand-box-with-tonka-truck.

Nice choice - actually made a yahoo list for top 10 beaches last week

Sachuest or 2nd beach in middletown - St George's in the background. rode my 10 speed there every summer day as a kid

I don't understand the whole "drive on the beach" thing. I guess last year, several people (mostly kids I think) were killed by cars...

Anyway, my favorite New England Beach...

Nice choice - actually made a yahoo list for top 10 beaches last week

Sachuest or 2nd beach in middletown - St George's in the background. rode my 10 speed there every summer day as a kid

I'll take 1'st beach or easton's beach...right next store. Water temp up to 66.5F (ya) and they get nice S/SE swells from storms as well as right near historic cliff walk and not to menton the very cool ABC beach club down the beach w/ live music. NEWPORT is my FAV

so i went out to springfield/amherst for a friends wedding THEN went up to VT and spend a couple days playing lawn games and BBQ while staying near Randolph Center as my friends family lives at the president's house for at least the next two years.

Elevation at the top of the hill in Randolph, VT to my (happiness) is a cool 1415 or so Feet. lows were in the mid 40's and temps in the 70's

so i went out to springfield/amherst for a friends wedding THEN went up to VT and spend a couple days playing lawn games and BBQ while staying near Randolph Center as my friends family lives at the president's house for at least the next two years.

Elevation at the top of the hill in Randolph, VT to my (happiness) is a cool 1415 or so Feet. lows were in the mid 40's and temps in the 70's

I used to ride past VTC every day on the way to school. If you get a chance, go over to the VT Veteran's Cemetary. Just and absolutely beautiful spot.

I'll take 1'st beach or easton's beach...right next store. Water temp up to 66.5F (ya) and they get nice S/SE swells from storms as well as right near historic cliff walk and not to menton the very cool ABC beach club down the beach w/ live music. NEWPORT is my FAV

Give me Second. Easton's is a bit tacky with the club, etc. Way more seaweed at Easton's but still not a bad spot. Cliff Walk is awesome.

We missed ya!!!:thumbsup:

yeah , full time positions can translate into a $200,000 high school education for the bubble

Regardning Eastons nothing but Canucks in their CBH's wading through the red tide and stank to find a 2 foot clear spot chest deep. if you really want to surf it you need to jump off the rocks along cliff walk, not for the faint of heart

My mom interviewd for a job at St. George's back in the day. That would have been awesome.

Del's FTW

Archived