Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 24 Plains/MW Severe Threat

Helicity

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPECI KDAL 250124Z 13014G27KT 10SM +FC TSRA BKN060 OVC130 30/19 A2951 RMK TORNADO B23 AO2 PK WND 18028/0055 RAB16 TORNADO B0123 12W MOV E FRQ LTGICCG ALQDS P0000

Ouch... and that hook is making a bee line... its gonna drop( if anything) within city limits...:yikes:

I was wondering about that earlier... is that what would happen? In these big outbreaks, often there will be multiple tornadic supercells lined up. But individual storms frequently move in different directions (i.e. one storm might move almost due east, while another veers off to the northeast). Would two intersecting tornadic supercells disrupt each others circulation?

not totally sure but more discrete is better.. the dallas supercell is probably the biggest of the day even if not on a circulation level though it has been quite consistently rotating for a long time now... so it's not necessarily going to give in easy. these storms tend to zip backward down the line as well.

Its painful to watch....

That's what I've been realizing.... That is just ridiculous... if the station says there is a tornado then SAY it! It frustrates me as a broadcast meteorologist seeing a fellow broadcast meteorologist downplaying it even though it's been confirmed a few times! I've been taught to only tell people what we know 100%, no need to hype things up, just tell them the facts and you can't go wrong. That automated message is a FACT so tell the people! Geesh!

Ok, getting back on subject, this storm is a powerhouse! THE only good thing is this doesn't seem to be producing a monster, just a few quick touchdowns. Like someone said earlier, the higher LCLs seem to be helping with this situation... which still isn't good, but it could be a LOT worse. Hopefully, they will get through this without too much death and destruction.

NBC says not one word about this.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX

841 PM CDT TUE MAY 24 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

DALLAS COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

NORTHWESTERN KAUFMAN COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

ROCKWALL COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

* UNTIL 945 PM CDT

* AT 840 PM CDT...STORM SPOTTERS AND DOPPLER RADAR OBSERVED A TORNADO

NEAR HIGHLAND PARK...MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH. THIS THUNDERSTORM HAS

A HISTORY OF PRODUCING TORNADO DAMAGE IN THE METROPLEX. THIS IS AN

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS STORM...IF YOU ARE IN ITS PATH...TAKE COVER

IMMEDIATELY! ANOTHER THUNDERSTORM WAS MOVING INTO WESTERN DALLAS

COUNTY...THIS STORM MAY INTENSIFY AND PRODUCE A TORNADO AS WELL.

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

HIGHLAND PARK...UNIVERSITY PARK AND DALLAS AROUND 845 PM CDT...

BUCKINGHAM...RICHARDSON AND LANCASTER AROUND 850 PM CDT...

HUTCHINS AND WILMER AROUND 855 PM CDT...

BALCH SPRINGS AND GARLAND AROUND 900 PM CDT..

Archived