Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2011 NYC metro area obs./discussion

Snowlover11

I'll bet you my account we get towards 90 next week

Haha! If TheTrial's takes the bet, and wins, the first thing he should do with your moderator account is ban Yanksfan27, or place a hold on his membership on the days it rains so that he can cope with his ombrophobia. I'd take the bet, to help another in need.

arrowheadsmiley.png

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha! If TheTrial's takes the bet, and wins, the first thing he should do with your moderator account is ban Yanksfan27, or place a hold on his membership on the days it rains so that he can cope with his ombrophobia. I'd take the bet, to help another in need.

arrowheadsmiley.png

lolz! Its a rigged bet, earthlight controls the newark airport thermometer.

This Spring didn't seem THAT rainy to me (and I'm a heat & sun lover), with the exception of late April and this past week.

A bit from ideal but it's no June 2009 by any stretch.

Yup, it was split 50/50 between sun/warmth, cool/wet..Not terrible, but it could be much, much worse. Next week we are all going to roast from there on out. I hate humidity, but i have a bad feeling this summer will be humid

Tuesday looks like the warmest shot we have next week. With 850 mb temps of about 17-18, a fairly good west to west southwest synoptic flow.. and mixing at least up to 850 mb, that would support temps in the upper 80's with full sun. I believe that Newark will have a high temp of somewhere in the 85-88 degree range on Tuesday.

Gorgeous here in Ramsey, we had sprinkles earlier but the sun is out again like its been for 99% of the day :sun: :sun: :sun:

Back home is a different story, however the radar has been spotty in that area so its hard to tell how much if any rain actually fell there. The river has continued to go down so anything that fell wasn't significant.

Overall, things turned out alot better than they could have. Dopplar radar estimates are 8.0"+ near the DE River Gap but most areas got between 3-5" total spread out over 6 days plus. Going golfing in the moring up by Newburgh and I'm hoping the rain that the WRF simulated radar showed earlier dropping in misses.

Yup, it was split 50/50 between sun/warmth, cool/wet..Not terrible, but it could be much, much worse. Next week we are all going to roast from there on out. I hate humidity, but i have a bad feeling this summer will be humid

I don't think we're going to roast...there's a 1036mb high in Central Canada bringing colder air into the Northern Plains/Midwest. This -EPO configuration, although it causes the strongest below normal anomalies in the N Plains during summer due to short wavelengths, will eventually blast some cooler stuff in. Even if the front stalls out, we're dealing with a humid regime with lots of t-storms/showers, so daytime highs would be limited although nights could be muggy.

Lots of showers/ Tstorms around next week... not just in NJ and local but over the Ohio RV... I say convective debris limits sunshine and it tops out mid 80s. With Td's in the low 60s at best to upper 50s, should be comfortable in NJ and chilly/ windy at the beach.

Not sure if this is the place to bring it up BUT, the Bermuda high looks awfully far north, especially for this time of year... With the flooding in the MS RV, I assume will help suppress temperatures and thicknesses over the N Gulf coast/ Southern plains... Good steering for Cape Verde storms to get close to the Mid Atlantic... Just a thought since the Cape Verde season doesn't really 'start' till, what, August?

Gorgeous here in Ramsey, we had sprinkles earlier but the sun is out again like its been for 99% of the day :sun: :sun: :sun:

Back home is a different story, however the radar has been spotty in that area so its hard to tell how much if any rain actually fell there. The river has continued to go down so anything that fell wasn't significant.

Overall, things turned out alot better than they could have. Dopplar radar estimates are 8.0"+ near the DE River Gap but most areas got between 3-5" total spread out over 6 days plus. Going golfing in the moring up by Newburgh and I'm hoping the rain that the WRF simulated radar showed earlier dropping in misses.

What's a dopplar radar?

Its the made up radar he uses to verify his doomesday forecasts and inaccurate reading of GFS qpf output. It also comes with a private rain shield to help ease his Ombrophobia.

I wonder if he'll also have his own "dule poll" radar coming out soon too?

Real crappy day. Even worse when you have a ton of lawns that still need to be cut

we worked through the rain today just awful, splishing and splashing, feet are soaked, many lawns under water and may not even be ready to be cut by Monday. Still have some to do tomorrow but there are several we simply just have to skip to keep the integrity of the lawn

Oh and I almost forgot, I pray to god everyday that it floods, hopefully it rains everyday from now until Labor Day, and then hopefully it never snows again anywhere east of the Hudson River, Happy Now??:gun_bandana:

When a mega-tsunami comes hurling towards are a***** , you won't be too keen on wanting floods.

Archived