• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
May 2011 general discussion/obs thread

Powerball

My notion that we wouldn't see a slight risk for severe weather again until Mid-June is looking more and more likely. I got criticized for making that prediction too early but I just had a feeling we would get out of the stormy pattern just in time for the warmth that could support severe weather.

Thanks for playing.

post-147-0-94726800-1306651106.gif

:lmao: silly bets are silly

Better watch out for the no Winter Storm Warning bet come late December.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS is now officially saying forget it if you're expecting a cool down.

Heights don't get below 582dm before another 595dm ridge develops overhead. 850mb temps and thickness values don't support highs any less than 75*F either.

Even in the long range heights don't get below 582dm. :lol:

GFS is now officially saying forget it if you're expecting a cool down.

Heights don't get below 582dm before another 595dm ridge develops overhead. 850mb temps and thickness values don't support highs any less than 75*F either.

Even in the long range heights don't get below 582dm. :lol:

Looks like a mid to late July weather pattern locking in during late May / beginning of June! Accuweather, which seems to base its forecast largely on the GFS MOS, shows high temps remaining 10-20 degrees above normal through June 5 for my current location. And today marks the 13th straight day with warmer than normal temps here.

I'm thinking this might be the predominant weather pattern of the summer, given the unusual wetness / snowpack in the intermountain west and upper midwest, and the cold near-shore Pacific SSTs -- both of which would seem to favor a bit of a trough in the west. Plus the warm gulf and southern drought would seem to favor a building ridge. Kind of looks like last summer.

Looks like a mid to late July weather pattern locking in during late May / beginning of June! I'm thinking this might be the predominant weather pattern of the summer, given the unusual wetness / snowpack in the intermountain west and upper midwest, and the cold near-shore Pacific SSTs -- both of which would seem to favor a bit of a trough in the west. Plus the warm gulf and southern drought would seem to favor a building ridge. Kind of looks like last summer.

There's probably going to also be another sharp gradient in the heat the further NE you head too, like last summer with some effects from the -NAO.

The hefty soil moisture across the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley is really the only negative. It'll probably be another stormy/humid summer too.

2.04" of rain between 11AM-2:30PM with the complex earlier.

There were some flooding issues too...

Portions of several roads had standing water up to a few inches deep. Two intersections and one of the main town roads had standing water of 6-12" deep.

Slow news day I guess, as WBBM and WGN news vans are in the neighborhood taking video of the downed tree on the house a block from here. :lol:

Every viaduct here is impassable from the heavy rains earlier. Time to go out and gather up the tree limbs from the yard.

Slow news day I guess, as WBBM and WGN news vans are in the neighborhood taking video of the downed tree on the house a block from here. :lol:

Every viaduct here is impassable from the heavy rains earlier. Time to go out and gather up the tree limbs from the yard.

Dude, get off of here and get on the news with a shameless plug for AmWx. :guitar:

The squall line passed through here with 30-35mph gusts, but the big story was the close CG lightning and very heavy rain. Picked up just under 2" of rain, with about an inch of that coming in less than 20 minutes. Had lots of standing water around like many of you guys experienced. After the squall line passed by, a short while later strong winds kicked up from the northeast. Had wind gusts close to 40mph for at least a half hour.

Finally cleared out later in the afternoon and after spending much of the day in the 60s we made it up to 75.

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you Veterans and too all those that our currently serving our country. The souls who gave their blood and lives will not be forgotten. God Bless America!

We tip our hats and the weather Gods have too! Heres to the BBQ and Temps in the 90s!

Archived