e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Tulip Trouncer 5........The Comeback

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see ENY got screwed, essentially. So it's just as well I was away. Last report of two inches tops at my place back home, but some snow has backed in again on radar.

I'm in Canaan Valley, WV now where it's snowing and 25.7F. It looks like about 2.5 inches on the ground and a dry powder. Going to my cousins in MD (near DC) tomorrow.

Winter is cancelled. Baseball is here

My map has verified well from yesterday.. my 12-14" zone might not verify around here though

ie328x.png

Your 6" line goes right over me and that's what Ic got. (Actually measured 5.5" on the deck this morning at 7AM). We may have gotten more from actual measurements on a snow board, but only about 3" of mashed potatoes on the pavement.

O/T

Went to bed last night trying to remember the last time I ever skied Berkshire East and honestly can't remember skiing there. So my apologies if I offended anyone.

I have skied Catamount and Jimney as well as the other bigger MA mountains in the 1000' drop (some of which have closed) and Jimney sticks out as the best. Not that any of them really are great at all.

On Google Earth, Catamount straddles NY/MA and it looks like the more challenging terrain is actually in NY, so Catamount doesn't really count as a MA mountain. Berkshire East looks amazing in terms of vertical, so I'll have to check them out, but as I suspected, that mountain is far from the total vertical drop they claim (1180'), it's more like 880'.

The B'east is great check them out.Catamount is considered a Berkshire area as half is in Mass.

Thanks for the report. Surprised that is all they have. I know its marginal on the coast but they were ripping out 17 hundredths 3 straight hours

The PNS says 3.5" in Biddeford at 9:28. So maybe they ripped out some additional.

Nice to see Hollis chiming in with 9.1" at 11:00. Gives me great hope for the homestead.

nice/suprised to see a 5.7 at framingham at 930 this am. not shocked .

i measured at 745 and there was about 5 inches at approx 300' as snow was about done. i wonder what elevation was at that report.

Nobscot (n framingham 600') must have seen a good 7-8 at the top of the hill we had heavy qpf most of nite.

nice to see tan getting a solid 3 as well as cape.

congrats to to fitchburg. 8

LOL- Wachusett is not really your friendly neighborhood mountain...tried to take advantage of their "if you know an employee ski $10" deal...i called them up and no employee wanted to "know" me...couldn't get my name on the list...this one guy, Brian, well he didn't like that idea at all and told me he valued his job too much to even consider letting me use him as a friend, and he didn't think any other employee would want to either because of the repercussions...lol!!! they close April 3rd, and i would still have to rent skis...that alone is getting raped...YOU SUCK WAWA!!!

ok now back to the April Fools Storm

Archived