Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Fools Day Winter Storm Part 1

Powerball

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool summer? Seriously? That's so depressing.

Agree. The summer of '09 was terrible with constant cool rainy days. Summer aint summer without at least a few periods of intense heat/humidity. I love the feeling of walking back inside the cool AC house after an afternoon of yard work. Love sitting out back watching the towers build towards sunset as the nocturnal convection gets ready to blow up over the 78 degree dewpoints. One of the best parts about living in the corn belt! :guitar:

Other then August i can't complain as much about last summer despite the heat which one can thank to all the T-Storm action which lacked in August and thus the exception that sucked. In summer i'll take action before anything else. If no action then the heat can stay away unless i head for the beach. :devilsmiley:

A least up here, a lot of our true *HEAT* potential was muddled by the stormy pattern (thus those ugly two words I hate that start with "C" and a "D"), that's what really pissed over last summer for me.

Give me a late 90s/early 2000s summer (or late 80s/early 90s) summer any time.

A least up here, a lot of our true *HEAT* potential was muddled by the stormy pattern (thus those ugly two words I hate that start with "C" and a "D"), that's what really pissed over last summer for me.

Give me a late 90s/early 2000s summer (or late 80s/early 90s) summer any time.

I love hot weather!! Honestly I don't see no summer without 90s, and humidity. Call me weird but I love the high dew points/humidity lol :/

Agree. The summer of '09 was terrible with constant cool rainy days. Summer aint summer without at least a few periods of intense heat/humidity. I love the feeling of walking back inside the cool AC house after an afternoon of yard work. Love sitting out back watching the towers build towards sunset as the nocturnal convection gets ready to blow up over the 78 degree dewpoints. One of the best parts about living in the corn belt! :guitar:

horrible summer, didn't have one solid severe event.

Yeah, it was a horrible summer. Talk about heatless, weather-less, boring, raw, and then the winter sucked even more, insult to injury.

Wait until you move to florida. Then you will be complaining its too hot and have nothing to track in the winter months as we get our 20 inch+ snow storm up here!

Blasphemy...little to no severe wx and temps predominately in the 70s FTL

lol, that's what spring is for...j/k. But really I'm just not a fan of heat and humidity. Like I said though, to each his own. :)

Back on topic of this thread, system looks rather unorganized and unappealing. Time to move out of this bland pattern.

I clearly am in the minority but I definitely prefer a cool summer. I golf a lot, so I like temperatures in the upper 60s to lower 80s. A cool summer would feature that kind of weather. Many cool summers still result in severe weather so I don't think most here will have to worry about a lack of thunderstorms due only to a cool summer.

Wait until you move to florida. Then you will be complaining its too hot and have nothing to track in the winter months as we get our 20 inch+ snow storm up here!

That's what so great about the Plains (and the downside to other climates).

Unlike most parts of the country you get the best of both extremes in the Plains, especially the Central Plans.

Anyone have the GGEM handy? The MKX AFD mentioned that it showed a significant snow on Friday night for Southern Wisconsin, although it was an obvious outlier.

THE CANADIAN HAS SWALLOWED SOMETHING AND

BRINGS AN IMPRESSIVE SFC LOW CIRCULATION ACROSS NORTHERN ILLINOIS

THAT PUTS US IN THE CROSS-HAIRS OF SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATION

FRIDAY EVENING. IT IS AN OUTLIER AMONG THE MODEL SUITE SO CAN/T

GIVE IT MUCH CREDIT. BUT SPRING IS FULL OF SURPRISES AND THIS TYPE

OF SCENARIO WILL HAVE TO BE WATCH CLOSELY.

THE CANADIAN HAS SWALLOWED SOMETHING AND

BRINGS AN IMPRESSIVE SFC LOW CIRCULATION ACROSS NORTHERN ILLINOIS

THAT PUTS US IN THE CROSS-HAIRS OF SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATION

FRIDAY EVENING. IT IS AN OUTLIER AMONG THE MODEL SUITE SO CAN/T

GIVE IT MUCH CREDIT. BUT SPRING IS FULL OF SURPRISES AND THIS TYPE

OF SCENARIO WILL HAVE TO BE WATCH CLOSELY.

The GEM is shown as mainly rain on this site..

I_nw_g1_EST_2011032912_090.png

850's are marginal and even above 0C for a while in the QC area, so i'm not sure where they're getting "significant snow" from.

The significant snow snippet was from MKX. Per the precip type graphic, we would have snow for about 4 hours early Saturday morning, not quite the significant Friday night snow the AFD indicated. Regardless, light rain/snow mix looks like the reality for the system.

The significant snow snippet was from MKX. Per the precip type graphic, we would have snow for about 4 hours early Saturday morning, not quite the significant Friday night snow the AFD indicated. Regardless, light rain/snow mix looks like the reality for the system.

:arrowhead: My fault.

850's are below 0C across most of the area for the duration of the event. The issue would be temps below 850mb.

Archived