Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Fools Day Winter Storm Part 1

Powerball

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh I am going to boo this :( I am all for the warmer summers because the more heat and humidity the better the storm chances. Plus if I want it cold, I turn the AC on :P

Oh trust me my AC runs rampant during the summer :lol: I know its crazy to some, but I LOVE summer days where you have a high from 75-82, low humidity, puffy cumulus clouds, then a light summer breeze in the evening is borderline for throwing a hoodie on. We usually get a few of those days in the summer, but I wish 90% of summer days were like that.

Although, if you like hot summers/cold winters, then we have been in the PERFECT pattern for all. We went from below normal temps in Feb 2010 to above normal in March 2010 and every month stayed above normal through November, when an abrupt switch to below normal temps started in December and has been going since, 4th straight month now.

It started around 9:30 am here with bursts of rain followed by bursts of snow. It turned to all snow by 11 am and is coming down hard, hard enough to cover the ground despite above freezing air temps. Beautiful snow and I certainly don't mind seeing it before the long summer ahead.

Probably will see more flakes here and there in the coming couple of weeks, but nothing accumulating like this.

We're in a mesoscale cold pool from all the evaporational cooling and conduction from the snow, 32.6° F on top of the met building, so probably 33-34° F in the city. Still only sticking to cars and grass, should shut down soon.

I'd be surprised if much of this is on the ground come tomorrow morning.

Archived