Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
April Fools Day Winter Storm Part 1

Powerball

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is off topic, but do you know if the NWS archives its watches and warnings somewhere on the web? I'm asking for reference and old times sake, remembering back to previous winter storms.

Left hand menu, select the NWS office you want, then the watch or warning type and the year.

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/vtec/#2008-O-NEW-KJAX-TO-W-0048

Paul Pastelok on accucrap says the cold pattern runs into June here nearly unabated with just a few here and there tempered warm spells from the n plains into the lakes....Also JB on weatherbell says cold summer coming up for the lakes....yippie, how I f*cking live this place...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joe-Bastardi/160146074041045

I think we can pull the plug on a nice spring and summer albeit a while off looks to be in jeopardy.

JB and accuweather need I say more....

Accuweather i agree with but JB not so sure *yet*. Gotta remember the Game at accuweather is to drive up subscriptions at any cost and they have a ton of media outlets to support the cause but where JB is at now the game is played a little differently. Thus if you pull what accuweather has then well you won't find many willing clients ( energy/ag sector ) to wanna use your service. Accuweather can afford to do what they do as well because of all the people ( media outlets etc ) who buy in from there unlike where JB is at now. The weenies wont be able to carry the load either and thus some nice $$$ contracts are needed. If JB is wise he will avoid the old Accuhype crap.

Oh and yes there IS a few things that says it is very possible that we stay in the below normal regime right into June/Summer. I however have a hard time believing it will be as sustained though like we are seeing now and or as they are suggesting into early June. Guess we will see.

Accuweather i agree with but JB not so sure *yet*. Gotta remember the Game at accuweather is to drive up subscriptions at any cost and they have a ton of media outlets to support the cause but where JB is at now the game is played a little differently. Thus if you pull what accuweather has then well you won't find many willing clients ( energy/ag sector ) to wanna use your service. Accuweather can afford to do what they do as well because of all the people ( media outlets etc ) who buy in from there unlike where JB is at now. The weenies wont be able to carry the load either and thus some nice $$$ contracts are needed. If JB is wise he will avoid the old Accuhype crap.

Oh and yes there IS a few things that says it is very possible that we stay in the below normal regime right into June/Summer. I however have a hard time believing it will be as sustained though like we are seeing now and or as they are suggesting into early June. Guess we will see.

:wub: to a "cool" Summer. I'd very much like to avoid a repeat of last year.

Anyways back on topic, another swing and a miss for LAF with this one. Book it.

:wub: to a "cool" Summer. I'd very much like to avoid a repeat of last year.

Anyways back on topic, another swing and a miss for LAF with this one. Book it.

Other then August i can't complain as much about last summer despite the heat which one can thank to all the T-Storm action which lacked in August and thus the exception that sucked. In summer i'll take action before anything else. If no action then the heat can stay away unless i head for the beach. :devilsmiley:

Archived