CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April

griteater

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was looking on NWS RAH and this little red spot popped up I clicked and was like WTH

weather.gov National Weather Service

Watches, Warnings & Advisoriesnoaalink.gifnoaalink.gifLocal weather forecast by "City, St" or zip code

2 products issued by NWS for: 4 Miles NW Vass NC

Flash Flood Warning

FLASH FLOOD WARNINGNCC105-125-252130-/O.NEW.KRAH.FF.W.0002.110425T1634Z-110425T2130Z//00000.1.DM.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDFLASH FLOOD WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC1234 PM EDT MON APR 25 2011THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR CAROLINA LAKE DAM NEAR HERDS CREEK IN MOORE COUNTY.* UNTIL 530 PM EDT.* AT 1226 PM EDT...THE IMMINENT FAILURE OF CAROLINA LAKE DAM WAS REPORTED BY NORTH CAROLINA EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT. THIS DAM IS LOCATED IN THE CAROLINA LAKES SUBDIVISION NEAR CAMERON NORTH CAROLINA... IN EASTERN MOORE COUNTY.LOCAL OFFICIALS REPORT THAT A 10 TO 12 FOOT WIDE BREACH HASDEVELOPED ALONG THE SPILLWAY PIPE OF THE CAROLINA LAKE DAM... AND ADAM FAILURE IS IMMINENT. OFFICIALS FROM NORTH CAROLINA DAM SAFETY...NORTH CAROLINA WATER QUALITY... AND LOCAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT HAVEBEEN NOTIFIED AND ARE ON THE SCENE. AREAS AFFECTED WILL BE PRIMARILYFOREST LAND SOUTH AND EAST OF THE DAM. POTENTIAL LOCATIONS AFFECTEDINCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: HERDS CREEK... LAKE REST LANE... CAROLINALAKES ROAD... HEAVENWOOD ROAD... LAMMS GROVE ROAD... AND BAYWOODLANE.TO REPORT FLOODING...HAVE THE NEAREST LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY RELAYYOUR REPORT TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE INRALEIGH.THIS STATEMENT WILL BE UPDATED FREQUENTLY OR AS NEW INFORMATIONBECOMES AVAILABLE.

wow, over an inch of rain in about 30-45 minutes. hail, rain, wind, thunder, lightning, that was quite a pop-up.

:thumbsup:

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

319 PM EDT MON APR 25 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

EASTERN LUMPKIN COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

* UNTIL 400 PM EDT

* AT 316 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZED HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS UP TO 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS CENTERED ON THE NORTH

SIDE OF DAHLONEGA...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 10 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

PORTER SPRINGS AND TURNERS CORNER.

And this one......

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

320 PM EDT MON APR 25 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN CHEROKEE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

FORSYTH COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

NORTHEASTERN FULTON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL GEORGIA

* UNTIL 345 PM EDT

* AT 312 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZED HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS UP TO 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR SANDY

SPRINGS...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

MOUNTAIN PARK...ALPHARETTA...JOHNS CREEK...MILTON...CUMMING AND

FREE HOME.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IN ADDITION TO LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS...FREQUENT CLOUD TO

GROUND LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM. MOVE INDOORS

IMMEDIATELY! REMEMBER...IF YOU CAN HEAR THUNDER...YOU ARE CLOSE

ENOUGH TO BE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.

wow, over an inch of rain in about 30-45 minutes. hail, rain, wind, thunder, lightning, that was quite a pop-up.

sweet! some dark clouds around here and after your post checked radar - getting close here. hopefully we can get a pop up storm today. these seem to be few and far between the last couple of years during the summer

one of the wx statements referenced penny sized hail, and thats what I put in my cocorahs hail report. wonder if they used that.

Now it is getting very dark outside. looks like round two is headed my way.

AT 339 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATE THATTHE STORM THAT PROMPTED THE WARNING HAD WEAKENED. HOWEVER ANOTHERSTRONG THUNDERSTORM LOCATED 10 MILES SOUTH OF DAHLONEGA MAY BECAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO QUARTER SIZE AS WELL AS VERY HEAVYRAIN AND DANGEROUS CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING. THIS STORM WAS MOVINGNORTH AT 10 MPH.

sweet! some dark clouds around here and after your post checked radar - getting close here. hopefully we can get a pop up storm today. these seem to be few and far between the last couple of years during the summer

1.68 today from two pop-ups here in Dahlonega..

these are the ones the GFS had shown from about a week ago. The Bermuda ridge is pumping in enough heat and humidity just enough to help break the cap and with help from the rising topography, whala!

these are the ones the GFS had shown from about a week ago. The Bermuda ridge is pumping in enough heat and humidity just enough to help break the cap and with help from the rising topography, whala!

There was definitely a weakness area from north central GA extending down thru Atlanta and a bit south as the storms kept popping along a north/south axis in this region all day. I wasn't just topography for sure.

There was definitely a weakness area from north central GA extending down thru Atlanta and a bit south as the storms kept popping along a north/south axis in this region all day. I wasn't just topography for sure.

Yeah the GFS had an axis there from 6 days ago, maybe 7, can't remember. I was jealous b/c I knew that pattern didnt' favor here but extreme nw SC and eastern to central /N GA region. Its on the backside of the ridge but the topography helps in the se flow situations. NW NC also had some.

Yeah the GFS had an axis there from 6 days ago, maybe 7, can't remember. I was jealous b/c I knew that pattern didnt' favor here but extreme nw SC and eastern to central /N GA region. Its on the backside of the ridge but the topography helps in the se flow situations. NW NC also had some.

I was pleasantly surprised by today to be quite honest. I don't think I've looked at the GFS beyond 2-3 days out since March since snow chances have pretty much disappeared.

Ended up with 1.28" IMBY...but the SW part of my county did better per NGTIM. Looks like it's still cranking as the NE corner of ATL is getting it now.

I was pleasantly surprised by today to be quite honest. I don't think I've looked at the GFS beyond 2-3 days out since March since snow chances have pretty much disappeared.

Ended up with 1.28" IMBY...but the SW part of my county did better per NGTIM. Looks like it's still cranking as the NE corner of ATL is getting it now.

Don't tell me your'e a winter weather snowgeese! ha. The GFS has been rocking lately, blowing the ECMWF away for a few months now on the extended. Atleast for us in the Southeast. The good news is that rain is a regular for some of us, hopefully more for the eastern sections of GA and Carolinas that can't seem to get quite enough. It has another slow moving front in a week, the other models support it too, could be a nice rain maker.

Had a severe warned storm roll through Knoxville this evening. Knocked out power to some. Primarily heavy rain and gusty winds. Gusts to 45-50 in west Knox at the house. Went from sun to storm back to sun in about an hour. Summer is here.

Don't tell me your'e a winter weather snowgeese! ha. The GFS has been rocking lately, blowing the ECMWF away for a few months now on the extended. Atleast for us in the Southeast. The good news is that rain is a regular for some of us, hopefully more for the eastern sections of GA and Carolinas that can't seem to get quite enough. It has another slow moving front in a week, the other models support it too, could be a nice rain maker.

Guilty. I always cancel my paid model subscription services from April thru October and then renew them just for the winter months. LOL. Usually I disappear from the boards for most of the summer but hopefully I will change that this year.

Had a severe warned storm roll through Knoxville this evening. Knocked out power to some. Primarily heavy rain and gusty winds. Gusts to 45-50 in west Knox at the house. Went from sun to storm back to sun in about an hour. Summer is here.

That's one of my favorite parts about spring/summer weather. You can get dumped on and then the sun comes back out unlike winter where it stays grey much longer.

An unusual, moist and very muggy flow will set up early next week in the Southeast, well ahead of the cold front. The Bermuda high will steer in mid and upper 60 dewpoints maybe 70, which is pretty impressive for late April. If the cap can be broken I think some pop up cells will form in part of GA and the Carolinas, I feel like the flow will really help get these going right in northern and eastern GA near the SAV River Valley to near AVL, both Monday and Tuesday afternoon, and spill over the western side of the Apps late Tuesday. It would be nice to have this kind of surface flow in the Summer months, even though it would mean high humidity, the daily pop ups would be a certainty.

post-38-0-10538500-1303475733.gif

post-38-0-91983200-1303475744.gif

post-38-0-23539800-1303475749.gif

As always...you hit the nail right on the head ...the muggies are here for the first time this season. Currently 76/68 here along the escarpment.

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH

WEDNESDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED

A

* FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST GEORGIA...WESTERN

NORTH CAROLINA AND UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...INCLUDING THE

FOLLOWING AREAS...IN NORTHEAST GEORGIA...RABUN. IN WESTERN

NORTH CAROLINA...AVERY...BURKE MOUNTAINS...BUNCOMBE...

CALDWELL MOUNTAINS...EASTERN MCDOWELL...EASTERN POLK...

GREATER BURKE...GREATER CALDWELL...GREATER RUTHERFORD...

HENDERSON...MCDOWELL MOUNTAINS...MACON...MITCHELL...NORTHERN

JACKSON...POLK MOUNTAINS...RUTHERFORD MOUNTAINS...SOUTHERN

JACKSON...TRANSYLVANIA AND YANCEY. IN UPSTATE SOUTH

CAROLINA...GREENVILLE MOUNTAINS...OCONEE MOUNTAINS AND

PICKENS MOUNTAINS.

* FROM 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING

* FLOW BETWEEN HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE ATLANTIC AND LOW PRESSURE OVER

THE SOUTHERN PLAINS WILL BRING VERY MOIST AND UNSTABLE AIR OVER

THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS THIS EVENING. AREAS OF SHOWERS AND

EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOP OVER THE EAST

FACING SLOPES OF THE MOUNTAINS AND ADJACENT FOOTHILLS THIS

EVENING AND WILL REMAIN INTO THE EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING. WHILE

THESE SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL NOT BRING WIDESPREAD HEAVY

RAIN...THEY WILL HAVE A TENDENCY TO FALL ONE BEHIND THE

OTHER...A PROCESS KNOWN AS TRAINING. BY LATE TONIGHT...AN INCH

TO INCH AND A HALF IS EXPECTED ALONG THE EAST FACING SLOPES WITH

AREAS OF 3 TO 4 INCHES POSSIBLE.

* HEAVY RAIN WILL LIKELY RESULT IN RAPID RISES ON SMALL CREEKS AND

STREAMS WITHIN THE WATCH AREA TONIGHT. THE HEAVIEST RAINFALL

RATES ARE FORECAST TO OCCUR ACROSS THE HEAD WATER AREAS OF THE

FRENCH BROAD RIVER AND THE UPPER CATAWBA RIVER BASIN.

As always...you hit the nail right on the head ...the muggies are here for the first time this season. Currently 76/68 here along the escarpment.

wow I hadn't been keeping up since I was playing golf over in Myrtle Beachwhistle.gif. you definitely hit it on the head.

3rd storm yesterday was a charm. A distant (few miles away) lightning strike. a snap in the computer tower, and the desktop unit is down. :( Hate having to share my wife's laptop with her :D Computer geek in the family thinks it may be 'just' a hard drive issue. Funny thing is, no lights in the house blinked, TV's remained on, no clocks were blinking. Not sure if it was a surge through the powerlines or the cable modem. *sigh*, Y'all stay safe out there today!!

Haven't checked the gauge yet, but just before dark last night, we were over an inch in the rainfall. Currently getting some scattered showers.

Archived