• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 22-23 OBS/Disco

nzucker

New NAM has Central park 31-32 later while the .50"-.75" falls.

Lets hope it verifies.

Temps have stayed in the mid/upper 30s in the city outside of the park (and its 36 at the park now with a dwpt of 34), so that might be a bit cold. I think snow accumulation > 1" in Manhattan is extremely unlikely.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps have stayed in the mid/upper 30s in the city outside of the park (and its 36 at the park now with a dwpt of 34), so that might be a bit cold. I think snow accumulation > 1" in Manhattan is extremely unlikely.

lower dp's are working in and the precip will be quite intense.

You can say that for any time of year scooter.gif

Look at the PWSs in the city. midtown east which is in the low 30s near FDR is at 37F and the hunter college one is at 40 F. I think it is safe to say it is 39-40 where I am by Grand Central.

Hunter college is clearly off, just look at the wunderground page. The next highest temp is 37 degrees with an overall average well under that.

NWS is reporting 36 degrees at central Park. Either way, we always knew this storm would be a non-factor for the city. Let's be honest, even a 6" accumulation is uaually a non-factor for the city itself. If the NAM has any clue, it will come down hard and fast later this afternoon and tonight and places outside of Manhattan itself should far surpass the coating to 2" forecasted. Someone that got JP overnight will end up with over a foot. 7-14" is looking like a pretty sweet forecast now for my neck of the woods. :scooter:

36.7 now midtown east with a DP of 29. It isn't 40 degrees anywhere, seriously. Colder to the north, east, west, and south. It is an erroneous reading.

Yea, which is right on the river, where it was snowing earlier while it was raining just a block away. Hunter college is at 41.9 now and a PWS on the UWS is at 37.2.

Either way, if it's 38,39, or 40, it is going to take a LOT to get anything to really stick in the city.

Archived