Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 22-23 OBS/Disco

nzucker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of wish I actually measured before the snow tapered off--there is certainly less snow now than there was at like 6amish when I went to sleep. I "think" we had around 1.75" on grassy surfaces at that time.

I agree-- there was probably was a bit more than an inch here.... but Im going with one inch so far.

I kind of wish I actually measured before the snow tapered off--there is certainly less snow now than there was at like 6amish when I went to sleep. I "think" we had around 1.75" on grassy surfaces at that time.

I'm in Piscataway and we had almost exactly 2" when I measured at 630. I'm up in Peapack now for work and it is snowing here lightly.

We had some snow flurries or very light snow here. Round 1 a no-show on central LI.

I thought maybe you would have picked more up this morning. We got about an inch here, but Im sure youll catch up and leave us behind tonight when those bands set up tonight. JC thinks your area could be in warning criteria snowfall tonight.

The UHI is nuts. Running today along the east river, before I got to the river it was just a light rain. As soon as I went under FDR, it changed to rain/snow and there was a dusting on the ground. I was like, oh ok, I guess it is changing to snow. Coming back, went back under FDR, and within a couple hundred feet just a light rain/drizzle again.

The UHI is nuts. Running today along the east river, before I got to the river it was just a light rain. As soon as I went under FDR, it changed to rain/snow and there was a dusting on the ground. I was like, oh ok, I guess it is changing to snow. Coming back, went back under FDR, and within a couple hundred feet just a light rain/drizzle again.

The last storm and this one were probably warning criteria snowfalls on top of the Empire State Building.

Yeah I think your area in nrn LI I presume is in better shape for perhaps 1-3". If dynamics blow up..perhaps more.

Alex is about as far south as you can get on LI. I think his town is just southeast of Hatteras and slightly to the north of Long Beach. :)

He did much better this morning because the precip didn't make it this far northeast.

Alex is about as far south as you can get on LI. I think his town is just southeast of Hatteras and slightly to the north of Long Beach. :)

He did much better this morning because the precip didn't make it this far northeast.

It was weird though.... Bluewave, who is one block from the Ocean was at 37 and rain while it was 33 and snowing here-- only a 2 mile difference. Weird spring stuff (although we saw this last February also-- must be a late season cold SST thing.) I like that the SREF went south for us, maybe all of LI can get at least advisory level snowfall tonight.

It was weird though.... Bluewave, who is one block from the Ocean was at 37 and rain while it was 33 and snowing here-- only a 2 mile difference. Weird spring stuff (although we saw this last February also-- must be a late season cold SST thing.) I like that the SREF went south for us, maybe all of LI can get at least advisory level snowfall tonight.

Could be.

Read it and weep. Hopefully, we'll get better results with R2.

NOUS41 KOKX 231320

PNSOKX

CTZ005>012-NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067>075-078>081-176>179-240112-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

SPOTTER REPORTS

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

920 AM EDT WED MAR 23 2011

THE FOLLOWING ARE UNOFFICIAL OBSERVATIONS TAKEN DURING THE PAST 25 HOURS

FOR THE STORM THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTING OUR REGION. APPRECIATION IS EXTENDED

TO HIGHWAY DEPARTMENTS...COOPERATIVE OBSERVERS...SKYWARN SPOTTERS

AND MEDIA FOR THESE REPORTS. THIS SUMMARY IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON OUR

HOME PAGE AT WEATHER.GOV/NYC

********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************

LOCATION STORM TOTAL TIME/DATE COMMENTS

SNOWFALL OF

/INCHES/ MEASUREMENT

CONNECTICUT

...FAIRFIELD COUNTY...

BRIDGEPORT AIRPORT T 800 AM 3/23 NWS COOP OBSERVER

NEW JERSEY

...BERGEN COUNTY...

1 SSE OAKLAND 1.0 900 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

1 SSE GLEN ROCK 0.8 835 AM 3/22 COCORAHS

WNW OAKLAND 0.5 840 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

1 E SADDLE BROOK TWP 0.2 700 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

...ESSEX COUNTY...

NORTH CALDWELL 7.0 645 AM 3/23 SKYWARN SPOTTER

WEST ORANGE 5.0 800 AM 3/23 SKYWARN SPOTTER

CEDAR GROVE 2.7 545 AM 3/23 SKYWARN SPOTTER

NEWARK AIRPORT 1.1 800 AM 3/23 FAA CONTRACT OBSERVER

...HUDSON COUNTY...

HARRISON 1.0 700 AM 3/23 NWS COOP OBSERVER

HOBOKEN 0.4 730 AM 3/23 SKYWARN SPOTTER

...PASSAIC COUNTY...

WAYNE 2.2 715 AM 3/23 SKYWARN SPOTTER

1 WNW LITTLE FALLS T 2.0 900 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

1 SSE HAWTHORNE 0.7 800 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

3 NE WEST MILFORD TW 0.3 700 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

NEW YORK

...NASSAU COUNTY...

W FLORAL PARK 0.3 800 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

...NEW YORK COUNTY...

CENTRAL PARK T 800 AM 3/23 CENTRAL PARK ZOO

...ORANGE COUNTY...

PORT JERVIS 0.6 700 AM 3/23 NWS COOP OBSERVER

...QUEENS COUNTY...

1 W NYC/JFK AIRPORT 0.7 800 AM 3/23 FAA CONTRACT OBSERVER

NYC/LA GUARDIA 0.1 800 AM 3/23 FAA CONTRACT OBSERVER

...SUFFOLK COUNTY...

ISLIP AIRPORT T 800 AM 3/23

UPTON T 800 AM 3/23 NWS OFFICE

...WESTCHESTER COUNTY...

2 NW SOUTH SALEM 0.2 900 AM 3/23 COCORAHS

$$

JP

1 W NYC/JFK AIRPORT 0.7 800 AM 3/23 FAA CONTRACT OBSERVER

Heh, my 0.7 inch measurement was right on the money-- although it was taken an hour after snowfall ended.

edit: they measured that at 8 AM? Then it was two hours after it ended so perhaps some of it had melted before that measurement.

I thought he was further north. He's going CIA on us by not having his location.

Archived