Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNOW Train or NO Train

Parsley

Excited.....or not?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited by the pattern and potential snow threats the next 2 weeks?

I'd be OK with a snow event any time before Opening Day of baseball season. Once Opening Day arrives, however, I'd like to see 60+ degree days until the World Series is over. :sun:

I see this pattern being a lot of close calls and a maybe a slushy inch or so, regarding snow in the immediate NW burbs of Philly. Looks much better for snow in the northern LV, the Poconos and in NW New Jersey.

Ok, I want to see where we all stand for the upcoming weeks.

I LOVE snow, but not at this point.

No, thanks!:thumbsdown:

Yes, I am excited - I love snow to begin with, and I haven't seen much since January. I'm not tired of it. If it gets cold, it might as well snow. Otherwise, I'd rather it be 70 degrees.

I see this pattern being a lot of close calls and a maybe a slushy inch or so, regarding snow in the immediate NW burbs of Philly. Looks much better for snow in the northern LV, the Poconos and in NW New Jersey.

I just posted something similar in the other thread. Very true. Tomorrows event could be a prime example of the near misses ahead for SE PA. Not really a surprise since its late March.

Snow in late March just seems like such a waste of storm. It's like when Bobby Abreu would hit a 2-run homer in the bottom of the 9th when the Phils were trailing 11-1. What's the point? Save that home run for a tight game when you need it.

I'll trade an inch or two of slush in late March for a day that's 33 and rain in January ... that's when I want my snow!

I just posted something similar in the other thread. Very true. Tomorrows event could be a prime example of the near misses ahead for SE PA. Not really a surprise since its late March.

Yes, I noticed your post in the other thread. Regarding the bolded part of your quote, I'm one of those who have seen enough snow events between mid-March and mid-April to know that it is definitely not out of the question to see accumulating snow this time of the year. I think it's hilarious when posters in our area act as though it's not possible to get snow because "it's late March or early April". Sure, it's not as commonplace to get snow this time of year as it is from December through early March, but since 1980 - the NW suburbs of Philly have received accumulating snow (at least 0.3") an average of 1 out of every 3 years between March 15 and April 23 (and sometimes multiple events in a single year during that timeframe).

Regarding the upcoming 10 day period, it's possible we get some accumulating snow and I would not even be surprised to see a few inches of snow due to the cold air being nearby and several storm threats on the horizon. My cautious nature when it comes to things going "correct" such that we would get snow is making me downplay the threat for our area. But a lot of times, accumulating snow events this time of year are somewhat of a surprise (i.e. modeled to be all rain until within the last hours leading up to the event).

Yes, I noticed your post in the other thread. Regarding the bolded part of your quote, I'm one of those who have seen enough snow events between mid-March and mid-April to know that it is definitely not out of the question to see accumulating snow this time of the year. I think it's hilarious when posters in our area act as though it's not possible to get snow because "it's late March or early April". Sure, it's not as commonplace to get snow this time of year as it is from December through early March, but since 1980 - the NW suburbs of Philly have received accumulating snow (at least 0.3") an average of 1 out of every 3 years between March 15 and April 23 (and sometimes multiple events in a single year during that timeframe).

1 in 3? not too shabby, although I'd like to know how often the area has seen, say more than 2" in a storm, from March 15th on.

I've only lived in the area since 05', so I have no clue on that sort of climo. around here. I remember growing up on Long Island in the 80s and 90s maybe 2 or 3 big late March or April snow events. The one that sticks out was one in April in either 95' or 96' where we got somewhere between 8-12" of wet snow.

By the way, I had a feeling this poll would be close in votes. Interesting stuff.

Archived