Gatlinburg, TN 30 in (76 cm)[

Pittsburgh, PA 25.2 in (64 cm)

London, KY 22 in (56 cm)

Worcester, MA 20.1 in (51 cm)

Ottawa, ON 17.7 in (45 cm)

Birmingham, AL 17 in (43 cm)

Montreal, QC 16.1 in (41 cm)

Trenton, NJ 14.8 in (38 cm)

Washington, D.C. (Dulles) 14.1 in (36 cm)

Boston, MA 12.8 in (33 cm)

New York, NY (LaGuardia) 12.3 in (31 cm)

Baltimore, MD (BWI) 11.9 in (30 cm)

Washington, D.C. (National Airport) 6.6 in (17 cm)

Atlanta, GA 4 in (10 cm)

Mobile, AL 3 in (7.6 cm)

Snowshoe, WV 54 in (140 cm)[

Syracuse, NY 43 in (110 cm)

Tobyhanna, PA 42 in (110 cm)

Lincoln, NH 35 in (89 cm)

Boone, NC 33 in (84 cm)

Gatlinburg, TN 30 in (76 cm)[

Pittsburgh, PA 25.2 in (64 cm)

London, KY 22 in (56 cm)

Worcester, MA 20.1 in (51 cm)

Ottawa, ON 17.7 in (45 cm)

Birmingham, AL 17 in (43 cm)

Montreal, QC 16.1 in (41 cm)

Trenton, NJ 14.8 in (38 cm)

Washington, D.C. (Dulles) 14.1 in (36 cm)

Boston, MA 12.8 in (33 cm)

New York, NY (LaGuardia) 12.3 in (31 cm)

Baltimore, MD (BWI) 11.9 in (30 cm)

Washington, D.C. (National Airport) 6.6 in (17 cm)

Atlanta, GA 4 in (10 cm)

Mobile, AL 3 in (7.6 cm)

You know, the most impressive in that whole list might just be Mobile, AL with 3 inches of snow in the middle of March.

You know, the most impressive in that whole list might just be Mobile, AL with 3 inches of snow in the middle of March.

That is amazing isnt it. also hard to fathom, the pandhandle of FL had 4" of snow in this system. I used to have pics saved, but I think I lost them when moving around. :thumbsdown: Pretty wild system.

That storm was the most painful ever for me as my southern MD location (at that time) saw just a few inches (about 5") followed by heavy rain. I remember seeing footage of blizzard conditions in Alabama while the rain was pouring outside. That storm was the final straw for me living in lower southern MD and being a snowlover. I soon re-located to the far NW suburbs where I've been since

Was in college in Chattanooga, TN== they had 21 inches.

However, I was home for spring break== lived a mile from ILG and the 14 inches is about right-- 11 or so was all snow, 3 inches of sleet and snow mixed (mostly sleet) and maybe another .5 or so afterwards. They called for an additional 4-7 from the backlash that never happened. Had that happened, may be my all time favorite event.

I remember it well. I was giving a verbal defense of a senior thesis at school in California on Tule Fog (boooooooring) and all the review panel could do was talk about the storm. When they heard that I was from the east coast, they spent 50% of the allotted time asking me about what it's like experiencing a major east coast snowstorm. I got a low B on my mediocre paper and and A on my defense. Reports from home were 12" of snow in Potomac, MD and 10" down in Montclair, VA.

Correct Huff

Oceana NAS reported Rain, snow and Fog for the event

high for the day was64

Low for the day was 34

2.32" of precipitation fell

Yeah, that's neither partly cloudy or 65- I figured because it ran inland they got a nasty dry slot with some breaks in the clouds, but some heavy rain on the front side and flurries on the backside.

Yeah, that's neither partly cloudy or 65- I figured because it ran inland they got a nasty dry slot with some breaks in the clouds, but some heavy rain on the front side and flurries on the backside.

my point was while everyone from florida to maine was getting blasted with heavy snow it was 65 and partly cloudy here. sure it rained, just like it always does. no reason to report that.it that storm had been just as strong and passed 75 miles east of hatteras it may have been the storm of the millenium here.

At the time we were in Ohio , south of Cleveland. I think the official measurement was 12" in our county, but we had tremendous drifting. Our first child was born a couple days later. I remember trying to dig out the driveway incase we had to go to the hospital. I had to break trail down our street out to the main road with my 4X4 work truck. The city had to use front end loaders to clear some streets...too deep for plows.

my point was while everyone from florida to maine was getting blasted with heavy snow it was 65 and partly cloudy here. sure it rained, just like it always does. no reason to report that.it that storm had been just as strong and passed 75 miles east of hatteras it may have been the storm of the millenium here.

NO, you had 2.3 inches of rain. That not a partly cloudy day.

If the Boxing Day storm was 150 miles west, I could of had 20 inches of snow too--

Archived