Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Winter Snow Thread II

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone know what Jay's expecting? Thinking about making the 4 hour drive up tonight to LSC to stay with my friend for the night and skiing Jay tomorrow if there was some pow pow to be had

The summits of Jay, Mansfield (Stowe), Mt Ellen (Sugarbush) at 4,000ft are going to have like 1.5'-2' haha.

I'm thinking 10-18" here at Stowe.

anyone know what Jay's expecting? Thinking about making the 4 hour drive up tonight to LSC to stay with my friend for the night and skiing Jay tomorrow if there was some pow pow to be had

A lot. Lol. Probably 18"...lsc is even gonna get 8-14". Be careful if ur driving on 91 at night in blinding snow...its literally impossible with no street lights or cars on the road

The summits of Jay, Mansfield (Stowe), Mt Ellen (Sugarbush) at 4,000ft are going to have like 1.5'-2' haha.

I'm thinking 10-18" here at Stowe.

A lot. Lol. Probably 18"...lsc is even gonna get 8-14". Be careful if ur driving on 91 at night in blinding snow...its literally impossible with no street lights or cars on the road

Think it'll be nasty heavy cement? I dont want to drive up in this crap, you're right. But if it was gonna be decent powder, and a lot of it...well that's tempting.

Think it'll be nasty heavy cement? I dont want to drive up in this crap, you're right. But if it was gonna be decent powder, and a lot of it...well that's tempting.

Beggars can't be choosers... I could care less about the quality of the snow as long as its white and piles up, lol.

Summit will definitely have drier snow... temps plummet up there tonight.

Our gauge contained 0.47” of liquid as of 11:30 A.M. when the frozen precipitation started, and that represents the total since 6:00 A.M. this morning. Combined with the 0.60” that I emptied at that point, 1.07” of liquid has fallen here with this event so far.

It may end up a 10:1 snow, but I think it will quickly transition to a cold snow in the mid 20s...iow not a wet 32F pasting. If you're looking for fluff...yeah, that probably won't happen given temps aloft.

11:54 A.M.: snow started to mix in here along the Waterbury/Bolton line. I was out shoveling the last of the old snow off the deck before the temperatures drop, so I was able to see the exact time that snow started to mix in. The flakes were fairly big at around 1 cm in diameter. So in this location it was 24 minutes from the first sleet mixing in to the first snow mixing in. There’s still sleet in there now among the big flakes, but I’ll update next when it’s over to 100% snow. That may not be too long because there are already periods now where the sleet is absent.

BTV +SN and 1"/hr in their 17z METAR. Newport (EFK) and Morrisville (MVL) over to snow now. Meanwhile it is a 49F rain here. :arrowhead:

47.7F here 20 miles to your north. Surprised to see my stream at the bottom of the hill has not risen at all even with 15 hours in the 40's and the rain. The snowpack must be just soaking everything in. What time Brian would you guess the surface front goes through the Plymouth area?

Gene

Just looking at my latest guidance, still seeing good snowfall potential across the NH-ME regions. Looking at general forecast accumulations for the next 24 hours to range from 9-12" of snow, attached a city breakdown. Seeing 7-9 hour window of 1.0"+ snowfall rates per hour across the areas. Any thoughts on this output, would love to know.

http://smartwxmodel.net/snow.pdf

usa.gif

12z EC is a little cooler from 00z...mostly in the low levels though. It keeps the QPF going a bit after 12z tomorrow for many of us too. I'd definitely transition to at least some flakes on this run. Looks like I'd start pushing 32F around 6z...maybe a bit later.

2"+ for basically all of NNE. 2" QPF in a 24hr period from 18z-18z for BTV.

Archived