Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NNE Winter Snow Thread II

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFL already down to 35F. Not bad.

Gene...the windshift is around 21z I think for Plym. The big question will be can we get it below 32F rather quickly or will it be a quick 10F drop and then slow once it reaches the low to mid 30s. You may be flirting with ZR beginning around 00z...especially being at around 1k ft.

A pretty decent amount of snow forecasted there grambo, i really love those maps!

Front is pretty sharp so once it reaches you the transition will likely be pretty quick. Keep us all informed about the changeover, as a virtual watcher its useful stuff to know!

Where you at

?. pretty happy I guess, own land, grow a garden, eat wild game, enjoy all 5 seasons, can shut the outside lights off at night and be in pure darkness, always dreamed of living in AK or a small place around Moosehead but the NEK is a pretty special - life is good.

little surprised how quick it was to accumulate seeing as how it was raining sideways less than 2 hours ago. dug out the hole for the generator, its coming down like spray in insulation, under 30F now

It's 2000 degrees here. People are in for one heck of a rude awakening in the next 4 hours...

Ha interesting temp there!!

Transition looks to be quite quick with this system as the thermal gradient is quite sharp and thats being proven by these reports of a quick changeover occuring

Front just passed Woodsville NH so it looks to be crossing the CT River. Lebannon should drop in the next hour.

Thanks.

What a day, I give a TED-X talk and this. You can see it in the wunderground stations how the temperatures been falling across the different stations. I feel quite good right now about this whole thing. Only fear is the mixed vs. the Snow.

29F with steady snow. Vis has been between 1/2sm and 3/4sm.

1" as of 1:30pm on the snow board at 3,000ft, depth is 48", down from 55" on Thursday, however we should make that up quickly here.

There is A LOT of moisture down south... if that's all snow up here, yikes. Here's the 12z NMM, if this is anywhere close to correct, snowfall amounts are likely too low currently:

Here's the ARW...wow.

KLEB? Whatever it is, the bet was/is ridic. People don't realize the cold front that is coming through here. Going to change in 5 minutes.

It won't be as extreme for us as they saw in the CV. We'll probably drop quickly into the upper 30s and then drop slower after that. The mid level 0C line will lag behind as the 2nd wave approaches...it may even bump back N/NW a bit as the MLL approaches. The sfc low will deepen and track to our south so we should get a little isallobaric ageostrophic flow to at least help sustain its push to the SE (although the sfc front may even slow some too).

FROPA is through Plymouth (well 1P1) now. 5C there...it was 8C at the top of the hour.

I am probably 7 miles due south of the 1P1 airport. 48.1F and Im south at 10mph. Will watch for a windshift next 30 minutes. I don't understand how it can't be snowing at Coles Pond in Vermont. Their webcam shows the right time but I don't see anything coming down or on their trees.

http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com/webcam/?page_id=8

I am probably 7 miles due south of the 1P1 airport. 48.1F and Im south at 10mph. Will watch for a windshift next 30 minutes. I don't understand how it can't be snowing at Coles Pond in Vermont. Their webcam shows the right time but I don't see anything coming down or on their trees.

http://www.robertlyo...bcam/?page_id=8

It's warmer aloft...they're getting a nice FZRA. MPV has been getting moderate FZRA for over an hour now.

Down to 30.2 F here with moderate rain. Nice glaze forming on the pines and spruce across the road. There may be a flake here or there.... either that or I'm hallucinating.

Nice, you are very close probably to snow. That's what I saw this morning in the northern Champlain Valley... icing at 30F, then some sleet, and finally snow. Snow took about an hour to get in after dipping below freezing at the surface.

I bet you are snowing by 3:30pm.

If those two models are correct (and yes I made sure to look only at hours 12-24), lots of moisture with freezing air.... OH BOY.

I haven't looked at your area or Dendrites area much... but I'd have to imagine both of you easily verify Winter Storm Warning for either snow or ice. Just the sheer magnitude of precipitation with sub-freezing surface air tonight should lead to a fairly widespread NNE major winter storm.

I haven't looked at your area or Dendrites area much... but I'd have to imagine both of you easily verify Winter Storm Warning for either snow or ice. Just the sheer magnitude of precipitation with sub-freezing surface air tonight should lead to a fairly widespread NNE major winter storm.

Looks like Middlebury is about to get crushed, too bad I just left campus a few days ago.

29.4/28 there and snowing....

Archived