Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Snow Thread II

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody quiet!

It's a fog zombie here in our snowy thread!

A sickly (point of order- how can a zombie, already dead, be sickly???) and drooling one staggering across the squishing Tolland loams seeking a taste of snow.

Run!

Vim Toot!

The fog zombies eventually pay everyone a visit..eating at your sleds, squishing their feet across your face...you've kept them at bay for now..relentless as they are...you are starting to hear their footsteps...distant perhaps..yet clearly audible

The fog zombies eventually pay everyone a visit..eating at your sleds, squishing their feet across your face...you've kept them at bay for now..relentless as they are...you are starting to hear their footsteps...distant perhaps..yet clearly audible

post-33-0-18182700-1299415870.gif

They are crawling north.

post-33-0-18182700-1299415870.gif

They are crawling north.

Darkness falls across the land

The midnite hour is close at hand

Creatures crawl in search of blood

To terrorize y'awl's neighborhood

And whosoever shall be found

Without the soul for getting down

Must stand and face the hounds of hell

And rot inside a corpse's shell

The foulest stench is in the air

The funk of forty thousand years

And grizzly ghouls from every tomb

Are closing in to seal your doom

And though you fight to stay alive

Your body starts to shiver

For no mere mortal can resist

The evil of the fog zombies

Picture Messenger and Tip as Michael Jackson in that video...lol, knocking on Toot's door.

Good one, Kevin.

I am in Winooski all day for a class. Not looking forward to the ride home at 5:00. The damage to the snowpack is evident but not as bad as it could have been, at least around my house. Up here in the Champlain Valley many of the fields and lawns are showing through. The snowmobile trails around my house have held up okay, but I am sure there is running water in spots. The BTV map has at about 8 inches so we may be able to get some more riding in before it is all said and done.

McZombies of the Blizzenspitzenpooper spatznet make their way to Aroostook County. Neeeeed snowwwwwwwww......

spacer.gifspacer.gifDeadSnow8.jpg

Our hero- Mica Vim Toot!

dead_snow_movie_image__5_.jpg

Lots of chainsaws in Aroostook County, Herr Blizzendrizzle. We'll save you for last.

dead-snow-poster.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1286641884135

Vim Toot!

Nice 16F drop in one hour! 12Z NAM seems slight better than 6Z with cold coming just a bit faster.

More impressively they dropped 12F in 21 minutes. The 3hr (15z) sounding for BTV on the NAM had a sfc temp of 33F for BTV. At 1416z they're already 31F. Hopefully that low level cold overperforms on its strength/timing. It will still be difficult to get it to bleed into our area over the mountains though. It'll eventually happen, but it may be too late.

When I woke up around 7:30 it was 47 degrees here in Winooski. It's now 32 and the flakes are mixing in.

A little earlier than expected WRT forecast. Do we see BTV raise snow totals back up??

When I got to Winooski at 8:00 a.m.the wind was howling and it felt colder than when I left Barre. I have not been abled to look out the window yet, so I haven't seen any flakes yet.

These things always seem to drop quicker than progged for the first hour or two, and then level off. Definitely not the best job by MOS, but MET MOS is horrible..lol.

Yeah I agree...usually the thermal gradient ends up more extreme than MOS indicates so you get a little colder in the cold sector and a little warmer in the warm sector. If you take the MAV wetbulbs for sites once the winds are progged to go to the N/NW then it matches up fairly well with the actual 32F isotherm. The MAV has LCI going NE at 3z and NNW at 6z and Tw's around that time are near 32F. So we'll see....maybe I can pull something frozen (or freezing) out of the hat on the tail end after midnight.

FSO in NW VT is over to 1SM -SN. Getting the slow drop and wind shift at EFK and MVL now too. This cold will have an easier time rushing due south down the Champlain Valley though

Wherever Nan is she is in line for a lot of snow. Probably a little upslope enhancement too on those western ridges.

Yeah I agree...usually the thermal gradient ends up more extreme than MOS indicates so you get a little colder in the cold sector and a little warmer in the warm sector. If you take the MAV wetbulbs for sites once the winds are progged to go to the N/NW then it matches up fairly well with the actual 32F isotherm. The MAV has LCI going NE at 3z and NNW at 6z and Tw's around that time are near 32F. So we'll see....maybe I can pull something frozen (or freezing) out of the hat on the tail end after midnight.

This could be an absolute crushing for those north facing areas in the dacks and se of BTV..up through nrn NH and Maine. Looks like CAR gets hit hard on the SREFs

FSO in NW VT is over to 1SM -SN. Getting the slow drop and wind shift at EFK and MVL now too. This cold will have an easier time rushing due south down the Champlain Valley though

Wherever Nan is she is in line for a lot of snow. Probably a little upslope enhancement too on those western ridges.

I hope that I won't be back home looking at the rain/snow line sit stead on the spine of the Greens, never to move east.

Archived