• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Winter Snow Thread II

dryslot

Upper singles this morning IMBY, hardened the residual from last Monday's sleet/ZR such that the pickup couldn't get moving. As I stepped out to get the ash bucket, my foot hit a particularly smooth patch, thus offering me a view of the ice at eyeball level.

Morning gfs not at all optimistic about these next two events;as expected, the Sat snow seen yesterday on 12z run is gone. Only the ever-retreating day-9 event remains.

:yikes: , I had that happen a few weeks ago, No worse for wear though..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hit a particularly smooth patch, thus offering me a view of the ice at eyeball level.

How many fingers am I holding up? ;)

Anyway, been there & done that before. Never a good thing. I reckon if you're typing, you're ok, man!

Keene is going on 3 months now with continuous snow cover. ~12" on the ground. Pretty impressive.

I had snowcover from 12/5--12/12, then a rainy day washed it away for one day, only to have it come back again on the 12/13. Have had snowover since then--so, 92 days or 99 out of the last 100. Drat that one friggin day! With 28" still at the stake this morning, I should be able to make it to over 100 consecutive days.

The winter of 07-08 I had a little over five months straight with at least 1" on the ground.

Wow dude, that first shot especially is phenomenal.

Thanks man and I'll keep those deals in mind. It's been years since I skied Stowe. Always loved it there when we'd go when I was a youngin'.

:yikes: , I had that happen a few weeks ago, No worse for wear though..

Some embarrassment (wife heard the failed attempts and was watching) and pain, but no damage, and also no problem once the ashes were spread.

That's another really good point. All of New England began their continuous snow pack with the Boxing Day storm ... at the very latest. So many areas also started their 10"+ streak at the same time, which continues for most ... very impressive. It really is amazing to think that we've had 10"+ on the ground now for about 75 days. As much as there was some warmth in February to be sure, we never really had a huge thaw this winter. Many great winters have the major storms, but still we have a period with snow pack that drops to a few inches, before it gets refreshed.

Only got 8" from 12/27 (places within 15 miles got twice that, 1st of about 5 storms this winter where that happened), and continuous 10"+ didn't begin IMBY until well into January. Still about 7" LE in my 18-19" snowpack, though, so barring some multi-day 50s-60s and/or a serious deluge, I expect the snowcover to last until the end of the month. That's been about the average.

How many fingers am I holding up? ;)

Twelve?

The winter of 07-08 I had a little over five months straight with at least 1" on the ground.

Beats my 140 days in a row - I had nada in Nov. What was so amazing that winter were the long stretches with deep snow:

10"+...128 consec days

20"+....92 days

30"+....62 days

40"+....10 days (and another 6-day run)

Twelve?

Very good! :lol:

12_fingers.JPG

Beats my 140 days in a row - I had nada in Nov. What was so amazing that winter were the long stretches with deep snow:

10"+...128 consec days

20"+....92 days

30"+....62 days

40"+....10 days (and another 6-day run)

I don't have my numbers in front of me right this moment but our duration here was basically mid-November through mid-April. It's at either end of the snow season where the elevational differences jump out.

Comin' down pretty good here in town. A wet, white-ish coating even on the paved surfaces.....

I was surprised when wife texted "when is snow going to stop" as drive in early was mix sleet and rain. I work in a pretty much windowless area, so was even more surprised at how white it was outside :). We are so close to 100" I hope wife measures before it actually does turn over to rain.

Ha-ha, I love late season nuisance snows like this just to piss off the fair weather warmanistas. :whistle:

I was surprised when wife texted "when is snow going to stop" as drive in early was mix sleet and rain. I work in a pretty much windowless area, so was even more surprised at how white it was outside :). We are so close to 100" I hope wife measures before it actually does turn over to rain.

I forget--how close were you before the day started? 2-3 shy"

Slushy -RA began in AUG about 11:30, took 2+ hr to get to all snow, and for the past 20 minutes has been large aggregates - nickels & dimes, no quarters. Still just -SN but on the edge of the 1/2 mile visibility threshold. Slush on windshields and beginning to whiten the bare lawn and the mulch around the shrubbery.

Had about 2" when I came home from Concord. I'm not sure how much actually fell before the changeover to rain or climb over 32F so it'll go into the books as 2.0". Nickle and diming on the way to 100". ~7" away now

Scott...what has your 4" compacted to right now?

Had about 2" when I came home from Concord. I'm not sure how much actually fell before the changeover to rain or climb over 32F so it'll go into the books as 2.0". Nickle and diming on the way to 100". ~7" away now

Scott...what has your 4" compacted to right now?

Nice man..congrats.

Archived