CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 24-25 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect Bob may have been using his "in house" model because he said the model brought rain up into Warren County (and showed graphics). I'm not aware of the major government models ever being that extreme. But who knows.....

The most bullish forecast last night came from WRGB. Bob went out on a limb with the last event and got burnt.

Here's my latest update as posted on our FB page:

Latest data:heaviest snow between now and 3 PM. Based on radar and RUC model data a band of heavy snow from Albany W thru the Catskills & Mohawk Valley then E & NE to Lake George-Saratoga County and Southern VT. heaviest accumulations will be across this area. - Andy G

special.JPG

Well Andy didn't bust anywhere near as much as poor Bob K. on channel 13. he had 1-3" forecast for the CD on last nights 6:00 PM news. :arrowhead:;) He did up it at 11:00 PM.....

The most bullish forecast last night came from WRGB. Bob went out on a limb with the last event and got burnt.

Cap hammered it at 6pm and went harder at 11 pm

Avid WRGB also was low 3-6 forCD even at 11 pm per Cap....:whistle:

We actually had people calling us screaming about our 1-3 inch forecast! LMAO...

About 3.5" at SU.....waiting for deformation band magic.....

Otherwise, a good portion of the immediate CNY area has been inbetween the two forcings.....SE and to the NW....

looks like a nasty dry slow working up thru the s'tier

hopefully short lived!

Congrats to all who have scored a successful storm!! (That would be to my N,S,E, and W)....

4.0" here with light/mod snow ATT....with maybe another inch or two to come....

Synoptic systems at SYR over the last few years have been pathetic.....

For those of us that live here I pose this question:

What are you more likely to see....a 10+" synoptic system for SYR or a one legged cat successfully burying turds on a frozen pond?? Tough call....isn't it???? ;)

Archived