• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 24-25 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

heavy snow currently in buffalo northtowns.. Radar showing 30-35 dbz bands! Latest from NWS.. strom going more N+W than progged

AT 12Z A 993 HPA SURFACE LOW WAS NEAR KAGC-KLBE...WITH 3 HR PRESSUREFALLS APPROACHING 7 MB TO ITS NORTHEAST. THIS WOULD TAKE THE LOWON A TRACK FARTHER NW THAN ANY MODEL SOLUTION...WITH THE RUC THECLOSEST TO THIS IDEA. THE MODELS ARE LIKELY WRONG WITH THEIR SFCLOW TRACK DUE TO THEM NOT HAVING ENOUGH UPSTREAM RIDGING (BASED ONCOMPARING THEIR 500 HPA HEIGHT FORECAST OVER NY/PA/NJ TO RUCANALYSIS). IF THIS TREND HOLDS...THEN TEMPERATURES AND WINDS ARE LIKELY UNDER FORECAST ACROSS THE AREA...ESPECIALLY ACROSS THENORTHERN INTERIOR. WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THIS...ESPECIALLY WITH IMPLICATIONS TO WIND HEADLINES...AND CONVECTIVE POTENTIAL - COULD BE MORE >WIDESPREAD - STRONGER THAN CURRENTLY FORECAST IF TRENDS HOLD

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I thought the same thing. It's snowing good in Delhi now, visibility under 1/4 mile now with fairly big flakes. I have nowhere to measure here but we must be in the 4" range, possibly more.

It's changed over to rain now. There must be some sleet mixed in or it's snow higher up as the radar looks pretty good but not much is coming down.

It's changed over to rain now. There must be some sleet mixed in or it's snow higher up as the radar looks pretty good but not much is coming down.

35° in Delhi with rain still. My wife said it was still snow in Oneonta and Hobart and all points in-between (including my house). Her truck read 30° the whole time, except 32° in Oneonta. Roads are apparently a mess.

Good call. Looks like this may track over SE NY rather than NYC. I'm wondering how close the dry air will get to KALB through the day. This should be good news for those in WNY through NNY however. As for now, still pouring snow.

Dry air and warmer coming up from the SW across NEPA towards SW'rn Catskills now...I'd expect precip to both mix or change to rain and even taper off some SW through S of KALB during the next 2-3 hours.

Essentially a white out here now ...down to 27.1F. We have lost two degrees in the last couple hours. A sweet day! Now 6 inches of new snow.

Your observations match up very well with what I'm seeing as well. From 8AM until now we've dropped just over 2F to 29.6F. Big difference in snow consistance between 29F and 32F.

Good call. Looks like this may track over SE NY rather than NYC. I'm wondering how close the dry air will get to KALB through the day. This should be good news for those in WNY through NNY however. As for now, still pouring snow.

I think it makes to Albany..areas west and north though could be snowing the rest of today through early tonight. Something that I may have overlooked is that as thicknesses crash this afternoon the ratios will likely increase to near 12:1 perhaps so snow will be "drier".

Currently have 8" just west of Alb NOW and its snowing at the rate of 2-3/hour.

May (more than likely will) bump up totals....West thru North of Albany.....

Archived