• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    vokive3692
    Newest Member
    vokive3692
Feb 24-25 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

This is just rediculous... 0z NAM coming in south and cold. Keeps all the heavy precip south of N NY. BGM to ALY easily all snow. Its a headline breaker for some if its right...

It may be overtrending but we'll see how much support it gets from the 00z suite. but it looks like 12"+ for BGM-ALY.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance we can bring that down a bit to Liberty in sullivan county in the Catskills?

Ha... if you asked me that this Afternoon I would have said no way. But, after seeing the 0z NAM, nothing is set in stone.

Verbatim it would yield a warning-level snowfall for N Wayne Co PA and Delaware Co NY. The 546dm / Surface 32°F / 850mb 0°C lines are juxtaposed from Carbondale PA-Liberty NY-Kingston NY, so could make a case that its mostly snow on the 0z NAM for you seeing as how you rest at 1600ft+ ASL.

Take a place like Hunter, NY ...the NWS inexplicably is forecasting like 1-3 inches total there! This could go down as one of the all time busts if the NAM 18 inches verifies there. LOL

Ha... if you asked me that this Afternoon I would have said no way. But, after seeing the 0z NAM, nothing is set in stone.

Verbatim it would yield a warning-level snowfall for N Wayne Co PA and Delaware Co NY. The 546dm / Surface 32°F / 850mb 0°C lines are juxtaposed from Carbondale PA-Liberty NY-Kingston NY, so could make a case that its mostly snow on the 0z NAM for you seeing as how you rest at 1600ft+ ASL.

Nah, looks like NAM spits out around an inch or so precip for GFL...all snow. Granted big shift for the NAM, and would want to see GFS and Euro follow. Looks much better for the ALB - GFL area this run.

Edit: maybe just under an inch for GFL per NAM

Is Glens Falls out of this with the recent trend? I am trying to read this on an IPod...... Not working out too well lol

Check out my snowfall gfx at WBNG...

We'll see how the gfs comes in... if it too trends colder and the srefs trend colder... then i'll be adjusting! Crazy!!!

Yeah it has to do with Sullivan being in the NYC DMA.... and NYC nets can assert their rights to exclusive carrying on cable systems. I went through this all the time in Saugerties where I lived (in that northeast chimney of Ulster County. 110 miles from NYC and 40 miles from Albany and they constantly tried t take the Albany stations away. They finally did take away ALB PBS, but they still carry ABC/CBS/NBC from both Albany and NYC there.

When does the GFS come in? I use to Get WBNG until Time warner cable decided CBS 2 NY was enough.

Is Glens Falls out of this with the recent trend? I am trying to read this on an IPod...... Not working out too well lol

I actually found it a bit bizzare that the NWS would forecast an all snow event this morning using the slightly further north/ warmer runs and have us presently mixing with rain midday tomorow in the evening forecast after watching the models nudge south/ colder. If we mix with rain in GFL tomorrow it would be a bust for the 18z/ 00z runs. To me at this point the only question is if Andy scores a coo by significantly cutting QPF amounts. :popcorn:

T850s a shade cooler as well on the 21z srefs

Which may end up washing out any slight decrease in qpf amounts to the north, with slightly better ratios. Watching the radars carefully, it still appears there is a decent precip blob crossing over into SW OH, that the NAM seems to have targeted a slightly further south area....also, NAM depicts "some" qpf by 06z for areas in KY, that certainly aren't going to receive anything....

Archived