Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 24-25 Upstate NY / North Country Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo's latest forecast: They have raised it quite a bit, totals of 10-14 inches with wind gusts uo to 35 mph. Definitely an over-performer.

Today: Snow, mainly before 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 29. North wind between 16 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

I'm thinking it could be a pretty brief thaw Monday... Snow to ice ..then that quick spike in temps , squall line and flash freeze Monday evening.

Sux because it will wreck the quality of our snow for snow shoeing, but certainly won't wipe out our snow pack.

the one weknd over the past 2 months I cant go north :( and monday looks very :( :(

Appreciate the obs guys. I've had the pleasant challenge of trying to forecast the Greenbush/Albany to Saratoga Springs corridor for this event. It has turned out to be much colder solution compared to yesterdays models at this time, and I had 8-14" for that corridor, including Albany, which I sent out this morning. At 9:51am kALB reported its 5th inch with this storm, 12" on the ground. 5-6" sound about right for you guys in the area right now?

Oswego County is JUST too far north for the bands we've been getting. Buffalo/Niagara to Rochester and up to Albany in a line, have been under very nice bands the past few hours. Storm is DEF. a bit west, looks like it'll track over rockland county, not over NYC/LI/SW CT.. the slightest bit of difference means the world up in buffalo in terms of how long it snows

I wouldn't be surprised if the deformation band pivots and lifts up a bit more in your area... So it aint over till it's over....

Under performer here in southern oswego county so far, has been snowing lightly most of the morning with brief heavy burst but so far only about 2" maybe 2.5" with some gusty winds. Looks like the heavy totals are west and south.

Appreciate the obs guys. I've had the pleasant challenge of trying to forecast the Greenbush/Albany to Saratoga Springs corridor for this event. It has turned out to be much colder solution compared to yesterdays models at this time, and I had 8-14" for that corridor, including Albany, which I sent out this morning. At 9:51am kALB reported its 5th inch with this storm, 12" on the ground. 5-6" sound about right for you guys in the area right now?

a little over 6" here so far with moderate snow right now. hoping to hit the 10" mark today.

This is one of those rare storms that is dumping on the entire 90/Thruway corridor from Buffalo to Albany, and points north too obviously. I'd guess a good 5/6" here in the city. Will be heading back home shortly, so any further measurements will be taken there, about 20 miles NW of Alb.

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: , 29.9F, and it looks as though the dryslot will remain south of the CD.

What was expected to be a very slushy event 24 hours ago is a couple inches short of being our biggest storm of the year. This snowpack should ease the flooding fears for Monday's event at least to the NW of the CD. It will have the ability to absorb a good amount of rain and then flash freeze.

Archived