Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 19th-21st Winter Storm Part 3

wisconsinwx

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i almost died 3 times yesterday driving home from Lansing. Mega adventure.

Read that you were going to MI and was thinking about you and hoping all was well. Given the weather we had here yesterday I knew it would be worse up along I-94 territory. And I see LB LaForce landed safely in Detroit from his plane flight.

Unsure of exactly where this is coming from but now have heavy snow here falling. Snow breaking out nicely along i94. Maybe i will crack 5 with this stuff today/tonight?

I dont know, have just had some very light snow. Can see the flakes sticking to my car windshield but its just a trace, not even a dusting really. They picked up 0.1" at DTW and Im guessing ARB picked up a good coating at least, but in SE MI so far all the accumulating snow has been in Lenawee/Monroe.

But hey no way in hell can I complain...the surprise to end surprises was in the storm last night, so while I always want more snow, Im ok with not getting any tonight, and very happy for you Harry. They showed Monroe on the news and they had about 4" of snow with ice draping everything and power outages, thats only 25 miles to my SW...here there isnt the slightest sign of ice, just buried in snow. I said it yesterday Ill say it again, amazing how the gradients can work out in these storms.

I dont know, have just had some very light snow. Can see the flakes sticking to my car windshield but its just a trace, not even a dusting really. They picked up 0.1" at DTW and Im guessing ARB picked up a good coating at least, but in SE MI so far all the accumulating snow has been in Lenawee/Monroe.

But hey no way in hell can I complain...the surprise to end surprises was in the storm last night, so while I always want more snow, Im ok with not getting any tonight, and very happy for you Harry. They showed Monroe on the news and they had about 4" of snow with ice draping everything and power outages, thats only 25 miles to my SW...here there isnt the slightest sign of ice, just buried in snow. I said it yesterday Ill say it again, amazing how the gradients can work out in these storms.

I think you may pick up a inch atleast with this stuff. This stuff has really developed and expanding nicely and now clipping the 3 row of counties. Still have the stuff to the west in WI etc as well.

I agree with you Josh....let Harry and the others in Ohio have some fun as well....we had a great storm.

worst few mile stretch of ice problems on the road I've ever seen leaving COD and coming home on butterfield rd. 8-10 cars in the ditch over a 1 mile long stretch of butterfield and going eastbound on butterfield at naperville rd was closed do to the bad ice. It was almost like a sleet glaze, very nasty driving conditions.

Snow is getting more intense by the minute in Madison, mesoscale convergence line is just to the east and dumping snow on us. Definitely convective here right now. If this can go on for awhile things could get very interesting.

Yeah I am wondering if the upper low will swing this way over night, radar looks pretty good on that side of Lake Michigan.

have you ever once been optimistic? lol always finding the negatives.

I dont see 3.9" here but 1-3" seems like a good bet.

major LOT bust. Appears my lack of optimism was warranted.

ILZ014-220315-

COOK-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHICAGO

415 AM CST MON FEB 21 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 6 AM CST

TUESDAY...

TODAY

PATCHY LIGHT FREEZING DRIZZLE OR DRIZZLE IN THE

MORNING...SNOW DEVELOPING IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION UP

TO 1 INCH. NO ICE ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTHEAST

WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION 100

PERCENT.

TONIGHT...CLOUDY. SNOW IN THE EVENING

THEN A CHANCE OF LIGHT

SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES. TOTAL

SNOW ACCUMULATION 2 TO 5 INCHES. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. NORTHEAST

WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 80 PERCENT.

TUESDAY

give them credit they rode it until the bitter end.

This storm definitely set us over the mark for one epic winter, its stopped snowing Sunday with about 10 inches of snow, we had a nice break until Monday morning where the upper level low developed a nice, nearly stationary band of snow over the area for several hours where we picked up an additional 4 inches of very light and fluffy snow, so a two day storm total of 14 inches here..I've lost track of the number of double digit snowfalls this year. But I assume its up near 4-5. A year for the record books..Hey this global warming junk isn't so bad after all :lmao:..from Minnesota having the most tornadoes of any state in 2010 (145) to a record winter that will be remembered for a long time.

Archived