12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb. 19th-21st Winter Storm Part 3

wisconsinwx

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just catching back up on this thread now. First off, nice pics everyone! Those of us outside of the snow definitely appreciate them. Congrats to all you guys from Minnesota to Michigan. Good to see the southeast Michigan posters get dumped on. It's funny some of you guys were in the same boat as us, and lost your extensive snow pack over the last week. Good to see you get much of it back. Here, we still have a bare and muddy ground lol. Outside of the first hour of freezing rain at onset, it was all rain here. Ended up with just under an inch.

NOUS43 KDTX 210456 CCA

PNSDTX

MIZ047>049-053>055-060>063-068>070-075-076-082-083-210630-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI

1156 PM EST SUN FEB 20 2011

SNOW REPORTS

LOCATION SNOWFALL DURATION

(INCHES) (HOURS) LAT LON

...GENESEE COUNTY...

FLINT M 6.3 10 43.02N 83.69W

...OAKLAND COUNTY...

ROCHESTER HILLS M 6.3 8 42.67N 83.16W

...WASHTENAW COUNTY...

5 SSE ANN ARBOR M 5.5 9 42.21N 83.69W

...WAYNE COUNTY...

ROMULUS M 8.2 10 42.22N 83.37W

...LAPEER COUNTY...

4 ENE DAVISON M 4.5 8 43.05N 83.44W

...MACOMB COUNTY...

SHELBY TOWNSHIP M 4.0 8 42.67N 83.03W

...OAKLAND COUNTY...

BLOOMFIELD HILLS M 6.0 9 42.58N 83.25W

NOVI M 7.0 10 42.48N 83.49W

...SAGINAW COUNTY...

5 SW SAGINAW M 6.7 9 43.37N 84.02W

...ST. CLAIR COUNTY...

5 W LAKEPORT E 2.5 9 43.11N 82.59W

M = MEASURED

E = ESTIMATED

$$

Cmich, do you think precip will fill in again in WI or do us in S.WI have to wait for the stuff in Minny to rotate through?

seems like you'll have to wait for the backside to slowly drift back to the east and it should fill back in a bit more when the second wave starts to lift north, you can see it starting now over in Kansas.

NOUS43 KDTX 210456 CCA

PNSDTX

MIZ047>049-053>055-060>063-068>070-075-076-082-083-210630-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI

1156 PM EST SUN FEB 20 2011

SNOW REPORTS

LOCATION SNOWFALL DURATION

(INCHES) (HOURS) LAT LON

...GENESEE COUNTY...

FLINT M 6.3 10 43.02N 83.69W

...OAKLAND COUNTY...

ROCHESTER HILLS M 6.3 8 42.67N 83.16W

...WASHTENAW COUNTY...

5 SSE ANN ARBOR M 5.5 9 42.21N 83.69W

...WAYNE COUNTY...

ROMULUS M 8.2 10 42.22N 83.37W

...LAPEER COUNTY...

4 ENE DAVISON M 4.5 8 43.05N 83.44W

...MACOMB COUNTY...

SHELBY TOWNSHIP M 4.0 8 42.67N 83.03W

...OAKLAND COUNTY...

BLOOMFIELD HILLS M 6.0 9 42.58N 83.25W

NOVI M 7.0 10 42.48N 83.49W

...SAGINAW COUNTY...

5 SW SAGINAW M 6.7 9 43.37N 84.02W

...ST. CLAIR COUNTY...

5 W LAKEPORT E 2.5 9 43.11N 82.59W

M = MEASURED

E = ESTIMATED

$$

4"? in Shelby Township does not make sense

21 mile and romeo plank. southern portion of macomb on the shelby/clinton township line

nice my parents live at 21 mile and fairchild you'll be a decent measurement for what they have, my mom always reports way to low to me so she can give me a hard time. That shelby measurment is bullshi*t btw, I wouldn't have even published it to the web must be a super accurate observer that might have had a bad reading or didn't get a good sampling of the area.

Ya I'm about 20 min from Eden Prairie and have about 15 inches so far. Its still coming down at a pretty good clip although radar returns don't look too promising and it'll probably end soon. NWS is still calling 2-4" through the day Monday so will have to wait and see if that happens.

about 12" here. Eden Prairie 17"...damn

1030 PM 	SNOW 			NW EDEN PRAIRIE 		44.85N 93.46W
02/20/2011  M17.0 INCH   	HENNEPIN   		MN   TRAINED SPOTTER

nice my parents live at 21 mile and fairchild you'll be a decent measurement for what they have, my mom always reports way to low to me so she can give me a hard time. That shelby measurment is bullshi*t btw, I wouldn't have even published it to the web must be a super accurate observer that might have had a bad reading or didn't get a good sampling of the area.

Measured 6 a few hours ago. I would have to guess 8-9. Looking at the radar I think a foot is attainable.

That's when they issued the Public Inforamtion Statement, which is basically a summary of all the reports they've received thus far I believe, at least for DTX.

The individual reports were llikely issued at different times.

I dont trust some reports. 4" in Shelby Township seem its 5-6 hrs old. My dad lives in Shelby told me he had 5-6 inches at 7pm

That's when they issued the Public Inforamtion Statement, which is basically a summary of all the reports they've received thus far I believe, at least for DTX.

The individual reports were llikely issued at different times.

No, i've done these web published reports when they do a summary report like I link the date when it was issued will be at the top, and the individual time stamps for when the observation was recorded is along the left hand side.

post-607-0-10807800-1298265500.jpg

No, i've done these web published reports when they do a summary report like I link the date when it was issued will be at the top, and the individual time stamps for when the observation was recorded is along the left hand side.

It's possible it could be a bad mesurement, but I'm not really convinced. It's also possible there could have been timing issues too with the spotter sending in their report. It happens just like bad measurements every now and then.

How reliable are those?

lol not very, i mean we get tons of reports in especially like severe weather and we just take what they say ask if they are a trained spotter, and put it on a piece of paper. If we have time we go through and try and QC the reports. I haven't been in office during a snow event so i'm sure they have some more reliable observers that they trust and things aren't pouring in so that's why it surprises me that the Shelby report is so low, i mean they look around the area to see if someone is super low he must be a long time observer for them.

It's possible it could be a bad mesurement, but I'm not really convinced. It's also possible there could have been timing issues too with the spotter sending in their report. It happens just like bad measurements every now and then.

Ya if the person taking the report forgot to mark down the time, or they took some time to quality check then mistyped the report but at 830 the same person reported only 3.5 inches of snow.

Im really curious to see what the totals around Down River will shape up to be..Im assume that the area is getting some serious sleet contamination. But a couple of friends on FB from down river are reporting ripping snow and sleet.

midnight storm total is 8.7" here, although depth is slightly less (closer to 8" on average, though there are several 9" spots) from compaction from sleet, we had a few very good bursts of sleet here. I didnt melt the water yet but I suspect between 0.9-1" liquid fell today.

Archived