Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb. 19th-21st Winter Storm Part 3

wisconsinwx

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looking sick right now! Nice banding 30+dbz crawling NE. Looked at the lightning detection but nothing is showing..Although it wasnt showing the TSSN that was observed earlier today. Had a brief date with some sleet and +SN that has since waned to SN.

SN 1/2

Oh my goodness....heavy snow has resumed. Are we SERIOUSLY going to make a run at double-digit snowfall accumulations when the NWS forecast 12 hours ago was 1-3" followed by ice? Pure and total awesomeness!

Oh my goodness....heavy snow has resumed. Are we SERIOUSLY going to make a run at double-digit snowfall accumulations when the NWS forecast 12 hours ago was 1-3" followed by ice? Pure and total awesomeness!

Checked out some totals... Looks like I94 to M59 is already approaching 8inches..Areas north like I69 are far less. How funny that 1-3 Monday..followed by an additional 2-5 Monday night. If in fact this pans out Some areas in Metro Area could see 11-16 inches final 2 day totals...WOW!

0850 PM FREEZING RAIN WEST ALLIS 43.01N 88.03W

02/20/2011 U0.00 INCH MILWAUKEE WI BROADCAST MEDIA

CARS COVERED IN ICE FROM FREEZING RAIN...RELAYED BY CBS58

0850 PM FREEZING RAIN VERONA 42.99N 89.54W

02/20/2011 U0.00 INCH DANE WI BROADCAST MEDIA

MOST ROADS ICE COVERED...SIDEWALKS AND UNTREATED STREETS

BECOMING VERY HAZARDOUS. TREES ALSO STARTING TO GLAZE

OVER...RELAYED BY WISC.

Well, I think the icing in 'Stallis might be about to get a tad worse. There is a decent cluster of precip about ready to enter the area. West Allis definitely seemed to be in the middle of the freezing rain/sleet on the radar.

Just watched a guy struggle to drive uphill on an unplowed road. After several attempts of backing up and going forward he gave up and just backed down the hill and went the other way. I don't know that he'll make it far going that direction either. At least this was a weekend storm, so roads should be in decent but probably not great shape by the morning rush. I'm at the southern edge of the band now. It looks like the northward progression has slowed and is trying to slide more easterly. I'll have to wait and see if I stay in the light snow or enter the dry slot for a while. Probably sitting somewhere around 10-12" now..

I am too. Never a fan of the sleet..but wow....I can NOT complain. I measured at 745pm we had 6.6" so Im sure we are nearing 8". The rate during the thundersnow was just incredible.

What made it insane was some freezing fog rolled in at about the same time that convective band stalled from I94 to Pontiac. I think it was reported as an observation from metro.

What made it insane was some freezing fog rolled in at about the same time that convective band stalled from I94 to Pontiac. I think it was reported as an observation from metro.

You are correct....I had it in my obs.

KDTW 202358Z 07010G16KT 1/8SM R04R/2200V2800FT +TSSN FZFG BKN002 BKN006 OVC012CB M02/M03 A2988 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 1/2 OCNL LTGIC ALQDS AND OHD TS ALQDS AND OHD MOV E P0001

Archived