Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Feb. 19th-21st Winter Storm Part 3

wisconsinwx

You are correct....I had it in my obs.

KDTW 202358Z 07010G16KT 1/8SM R04R/2200V2800FT +TSSN FZFG BKN002 BKN006 OVC012CB M02/M03 A2988 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 1/2 OCNL LTGIC ALQDS AND OHD TS ALQDS AND OHD MOV E P0001

That brought visibilities way down!

Patrick.

Whats the total at Metro right now? Looks like downriver has been getting crushed.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0930 PM HEAVY SNOW FOND DU LAC 43.78N 88.45W

02/20/2011 M9.0 INCH FOND DU LAC WI TRAINED SPOTTER

SNOW TOTAL FOR TODAY...1.8 INCHES IN LAST THREE HOURS

We are probably nearing 10 here.

Very near Saukville there was a report of 10 inches of snow. I'm sure Cromartie is loving this, and I have a couple of friends who live in Saukville.

That brought visibilities way down!

Patrick.

Whats the total at Metro right now? Looks like downriver has been getting crushed.

I would guess about 8 inches....as for vis I was down to 1/16SM for a bit earlier.....DTX mentioned my obs earlier to in their update.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI 848 PM EST SUN FEB 20 2011 .UPDATE... NO MAJOR CHANGES PLANNED TO THE WARNING HEADLINE HEADING INTO THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD. FIRST ROUND OF WIDESPREAD MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL NOW EXITING THE REGION. ADDITIONAL POCKETS OF HEAVIER PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE THROUGH TONIGHT SUSTAINED BY ESTABLISHED AND IMPRESSIVE 850-700MB FGEN EMBEDDED WITHIN THE TIGHTENING THERMAL GRADIENT. THERE WILL BE A STRONG CONVECTIVE COMPONENT TO THIS PRECIPITATION FIELD /ESPECIALLY I-96 SOUTH/ WITH A SOLID POCKET OF INSTABILITY PRESENT ABOVE THIS LAYER. THIS POTENTIAL WAS ALREADY NOTED ALONG THE I-94 CORRIDOR...WITH THUNDERSNOW REPORTED AT DETROIT METRO...AND REMAINS A CONCERN IN DRIVING SOME LOCALIZED HEAVIER BURSTS OVERNIGHT. GIVEN THE CONVECTIVE NATURE...ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS RANGING ANYWHERE FROM 1 TO 4 INCHES REMAINS ATTAINABLE UNDER THIS SETUP...WITH HIGHEST AMOUNTS FAVORING A CORRIDOR EXTENDING FROM ANN ARBOR-NORTHERN DETROIT SUBURBS UP THROUGH THE M-59 CORRIDOR. TO THE SOUTH...NORTHERN REACHES OF THE MID LEVEL WARM SURGE WILL STILL ATTEMPT TO MAKE INROADS...LEAVING A WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY FOR THOSE HIGHER INTENSITY ECHOES TO TRANSLATE INTO MORE SLEET/FREEZING RAIN AND SOME ICING ACCUMULATION ACROSS THE FOUR SOUTHERN COUNTIES. CALLS TO LENAWEE COUNTY...WHERE FREEZING RAIN HAS REMAINED THE PREDOMINANT WEATHER TYPE ALL EVENING...YIELDS SOME MINOR ICING PRIMARILY ON ELEVATED SURFACES THUS FAR.

Nice to see plenty of people getting heavy snow with thunder. Our high temp busted big on the downside(forecast was mid/upper 40s, got mid 30s), but I got all rain. A good downpour this evening brought my total up to 0.95". The ground is saturated/only partially thawed so my yard is a mess with standing water everywhere.

I'm in a region of subsidence between the two bands of snow right now, so I'm onnly seeing very light snow with fine flakes.

In fact, I haven't seen these big fat flakes everyone's talking about at all so far. They've been average size at best when I do get in the heavier bands.

Yea theres been some healthy bands just to the south of saginaw. Kind of surprised they made it all the way up there but along and south of M59 they have been just as good.

University of Minnesota cancelled classes till noon tomorrow. They don't do that often. Good thing I don't have classes at all on Mondays. This was a storm to remember though. The snowfall rates were the most insane I've ever seen. Downtown metro went from 6.5 to 14 inches in 2.5 hrs!! Hope the detroit area guys were happy with their sort of surprise storm!

University of Minnesota cancelled classes till noon tomorrow. They don't do that often. Good thing I don't have classes at all on Mondays. This was a storm to remember though. The snowfall rates were the most insane I've ever seen. Downtown metro went from 6.5 to 14 inches in 2.5 hrs!! Hope the detroit area guys were happy with their sort of surprise storm!

about 12" here. Eden Prairie 17"...damn

1030 PM 	SNOW         	NW EDEN PRAIRIE     	44.85N 93.46W
02/20/2011  M17.0 INCH   	HENNEPIN       	MN   TRAINED SPOTTER

Archived