• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Return of winter.....let's rock to the records..2/20-25.

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ever notice you are the only one that complains, we just went through a 15 storm run with everyone on target during the events. We have a wind thread. Kind of rough wording antagonistic. Winter returned, rock with your..... Out.

Because it's the same 20 people posting in these threads and all of you like the one huge thread. You're right...it hasn't been that bad, but with the winter lull everything started to get jumbled into one thread again. All I suggested was separate threads and the usual suspects got rubbed the wrong way again. We already barely moderate in this subforum...we can at least have some sense of organizational structure. 2-3 threads at a time on specific subjects shouldn't be too difficult. Obs/banter...imminent storm...long range disco...what's so hard about that? There shouldn't just be a live chat feel to the forums...it's an ever growing library of weather knowledge and discussion. Maybe Wikipedia should just lump every wiki page together into one and espn.com can merge all articles from all sports. It saves everyone from having to click 5-10 more times per day.

Just took a look at soundings for HFD...I'd definitely stay all snow on the NAM and I would even probably see some solid advisory criteria snowfall...the QPF people won't like the QPF maps but column is very saturated...great deal of mlvl moisture in place. Good lift too. Omega isn't bad either and the -15C isotherm runs right through the area of best snowgrowth. At this point ratios look pretty sweet too.

sounds like not a ton into MASS.

Nice little couple of inch event.

Yeah maybe 1-3 or so for you. I still don't like how that PV is being shuffled around by a decent amount, only 48 hours out. I guess for you south coast peeps, the PV has been helping you out over the last 24 hours of model solutions. I'd still be aware of some waffles north, but it would take a pretty large shift to screw many of you guys, so you can afford a shift.

Archived