• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
thursday and friday spring like wx obs/disco and other stuff

earthlight

Seriously though, 65 here now. One more degree.

This chase towards the record brings me back to last July. I'll never forget the silence in this thread when they adjusted Newarks thermometer down 35 degrees.

Dude, that time was almost as exciting as tracking a 20" snowstorm. That feeling waking up to 80 and hitting 90 before 10 AM-- that amazing feeling of awesomeness at the idea of a day ahead that we'd remember forever-- it was great!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though, 65 here now. One more degree.

This chase towards the record brings me back to last July. I'll never forget the silence in this thread when they adjusted Newarks thermometer down 35 degrees.

There were a few moments like that last year-- of course, we had last winter, which was awesome in February, and then we had the early April chase for the earliest 90 degree record-- which we SMASHED, then the historic week in early July that matched 1966 and then again in early September!

With a southerly wind, cooling extended quite far to the west on the immediate South Shore today, as opposed to Mon when the wind was SW and turned westerly in the afternoon.

Point Lookout (near Jones Beach) is only at 45F after a high of 47F.

http://www.lishore.o...ones/latest.htm

http://www.wundergro...uSelect=WEATHER

Much cooler on the south shore...north shore about 60, south shore low 50's.

With a southerly wind, cooling extended quite far to the west on the immediate South Shore today, as opposed to Mon when the wind was SW and turned westerly in the afternoon.

Point Lookout (near Jones Beach) is only at 45F after a high of 47F.

http://www.lishore.o...ones/latest.htm

Yeah I consider today a "weak" day of warming vs Monday. Although it did hit 58 here today, only 2 degrees under Monday's 60. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

I can't wait until March pulls a 1956 redux to shut the haters up. :snowman::whistle:

Yeah, the first spring day usually brings out the winter's over crowd. I'd like to get another snowstorm just to see their jaws drop and say, "How is this possible?? It was just 70 degrees!! Huh? Wha?" Plus there's a certain element of fun watching people who hate winter turn miserable, but that could just be me.

Yeah, the first spring day usually brings out the winter's over crowd. I'd like to get another snowstorm just to see their jaws drop and say, "How is this possible?? It was just 70 degrees!! Huh? Wha?" Plus there's a certain element of fun watching people who hate winter turn miserable, but that could just be me.

I'm liking the high of 37F here Saturday and low of 19F Monday night, per NWS. People are going to be shocked when we get 3-6" of snow with temps in the teens after this false spring, happens every year.

I know. It happens just about every year but yet every year people act surprised like 60s in February is just unheard of.

Archived