joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
thursday and friday spring like wx obs/disco and other stuff

earthlight

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This raises a good question. What's the official end to snowpack? Is it when more than half of your grass is showing? What about if your lawn is covered, but the ones around you are mostly free of snow for some reason, which weirdly seems to be happening.

Dec 26-Feb 18th....

Heck of a run. 55 days.

The only think I have left are piles with occasional spots of snow cover. I thought we could get to near 70F today but due to all the clouds, probably low 60s at best. It's around 60F right now although if the clouds do manage to break within the next hour or two, then we could see higher readings, mid 60s probably.

wow...how exciting.:axe: NYC hits 62F for the first time in 2011. It will happen at least 100 more times this year. Yay.

Yeah, this is why spring is boring unless you have a snowstorm or it hits 90. The best seasons are winter and summer no doubt. 63 here, hoping we get to 70.

my temp seemed to have peaked and is dropping ever so slightly despite good sunshine and a brisk southwest wind. There must be a 20 foot high snowpile upwind of me that is creating some weak cold air advection. :whistle:

No snowpack here.... up to 65 now ;) ocean.... what ocean? lol

in a vacuum....its a beautiful day out. cant argue against that and cant disagree with folks who are enjoying this. BUT its FEB, this stuff can wait til late march early april. and plus when ur stuck in an office all day you cant reap the benefits on the warmness anyway. cold and snow, would allow me to be home drinking hot cocoa shoveling tunnels for my boston terriers.

Archived