• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE Round 2...The big one? - OBS THREAD

ChrisM

As with the last storm I just want to make a little reminder...

When giving snowfall totals for the second part of the storm make sure you include your TOTAL from both part 1 and part 2. This is classified as one storm so for reporting purposes and PNS purposes everything will be classified together.

So say you got 5'' from round 1 then with round two you get 3'' and post that...if you're going to say I have 3'' with round two make sure you had you have 8'' storm total.

As with the last storm I just want to make a little reminder...

When giving snowfall totals for the second part of the storm make sure you include your TOTAL from both part 1 and part 2. This is classified as one storm so for reporting purposes and PNS purposes everything will be classified together.

So say you got 5'' from round 1 then with round two you get 3'' and post that...if you're going to say I have 3'' with round two make sure you had you have 8'' storm total.

Yes I would advise people to do it like this....

Here are my obs:

Light snow with 0.7" from 2nd wave after 7.0" from first....7.7" TOTAL for the system.

round 1: 7.0"

round 2: 0.7" (so far...rd 2 has been anything after about 8 or 9pm)

total: 7.7"

In some form or another like that would be most helpful for those at NWS trying to get an accurate read on the storm.

rd 1: 6.5

rd 2: 3.4

Total: 9.9

All SLEET now. 19F.

72.7" This winter. 7" above average and 15" above last year.

Snowpack is around 30-34".

fixed 11:50 am

rd 1: 6.5

rd 2: 4.5 (3.4 snow, 1.1 sleet)

Total: 11.0

All zr now. 23F.

73.8" This winter. 8" above average and 16" above last year.

Snowpack is around 30-34".

Lets see the freezing rain of this morning has left trees and powerlines glazed. Still shoveling and every storm with this wind drifts over walkways and driveways to basically the height of piles either side. Tough shoveling because the first inch and a half is block rock solid.

Precipitation has brocken out again almost convective in in terms of what is falling. Sweet pea sized pellets, balls some even bigger. The sky is falling. Actually could feel it through the stocking cap.

Crazy EPIC WINTER continues the yardstick is buried and wont see that again till June at this rate.

Archived