e46ds1x
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 8

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just closed WIU at macomb!

This should and hopefully is one of the funnest weather days of my life

i'm wondering how long before U of I closes down, right now it may be the only school open in Central illiois, EIU's shut down today, Here in Charleston we are in the middle of an ice fog, waiting on wave 2...

i'm wondering how long before U of I closes down, right now it may be the only school open in Central illiois, EIU's shut down today, Here in Charleston we are in the middle of an ice fog, waiting on wave 2...

All of the city schools in Davenport, IA/Moline, IL area are still open...insane to have kids in this mess walking home from school...and parents who may not feel safe picking up their kids at 3 pm. Blizzard headlines...and school still on.

i think my alma mater has only closed once for winter wx, during the v-day blizzard.

Looking forward to your postings Beau. I remember following your 'snow chase' in Peoria where we got buried. I work in Bloomington but called off today, would be able to get there but no way was I going to be driving back to Eureka at mid-afternoon. Both PIA and BMI TAFs have 30+ mph gusts and 1/4 mile vis in S+ by 1 PM.

Long-time lurker here and avid weather enthusiast! :) I'm located in St. Peters, MO, which is approximately 25 miles NW of St. Louis metro. I can document the day in pictures if anyone is interested.

The knowledge I've gained on this board is immeasurable, and a big thank you to all of the amateur and professional meteorologists that help make this community great! Stay safe everyone!

Currently experiencing sleet/snow mix here in St. Peters, but the conditions have already migrated to all snow 30 miles west of here. More to come...

Indy Star reports that all Indpls public schools, IUPUI, Butler, and the University of Indpls have closed for today. Expecting at least one inch more of ice from this system in the area.

All schools are closed in the Indy area today. All local mets here are saying it's all about the ice now, expecting major problems. Already 14,000 without power in the area..

The convective forcing is clearly beginning to dominate the surface pressure falls. This storm is tanking fast. Nearly sub 1000 hpa already. Converted pressure is 1000.1 hpa in NE TX.

KTXK 011241Z 13008G16KT 10SM VCTS -RA SCT007 OVC013 15/14 A2953 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT ALQDS TSE25B35RAB1155 P0013

This is positive feedback forcing and rapid non-linear cyclogenesis at its best. This is also why nobody bit on the junky 0Z NCEP guidance went it went east and way weaker.

Archived