12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 8

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with snow LAF guys! Hope it works out for you. Im just hoping I dont lose power. Stocked up, called in tomorrow, beer in fridge (out in snow if power goes out) and plenty of firewood. Wish me luck! Enjoy.

Thanks, and good luck in keeping power to you. And nice backup plan for the beer...very important. :)

I keep telling myself that's it I'm going to bed, and then think of something else to look at lol. I'll be gone all day tomorrow until at least 5 or 6, but should be here all night tomorrow night. Won't have to go to bed early cause there's no way I'll be able to make it to work Wed morning anyway. Good luck everyone and see you guys tomorrow night.

The Chicago guys will know this but Chicago has only had 2 storms greater than 20" at whatever the official site was. If there's at least 20" at ORD, this would be the 3rd and considering climo, it would be pretty impressive to "only" have to wait 12 years between such events.

Well I made it home from work. I cant tell how much but we have a ton of sleet with a nice coating of ice on top of it. Have a glaze on all surfaces also. Probably .15-.25in of ice so far. Waiting to see how tomorrow goes. This is a situation where you dont believe it going to be as bad as they say, and you wont know until its occuring. Ive never encountered a big ice storm...So im in the wait and see mode here 20 miles N of IND.

2004 was a doozy. I was staying at a friends house while the collge was on winter break.... he gave me his garage door opener as a key. Guess what? Power went out. I had no place to stay for 4 nights.

6z NAM brings the dreaded 3C aloft through LAF...still a lot of cold in the lowest 100 mb but this run is definitely gonna bump or expand the zr potential north compared to 00z.

That doesn't shock me, because my high was supposed to only be in the mid 50's but it's already 55 here. Warm air might be coming north quicker than expected? It's certainly good for the northern part of the PAH CWA because this will cause there ice accumulation to be lower. Wonder if this will affect the folks that are just near the freezing rain.

Archived