Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 7

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of Dec.16 th 2007 type totals, Jan. 1999 was a little over the top. They both had thundersnow with sheets of snow coming down.

Regardless this looks like a memorable snowfall upcoming. Maybe thundersnow?

That's an interesting analog. I think that storm was deeper than even the RGEM/UKIE/etc camp, but it did occlude near/south of Erie, PA similar to how this storm is being depicted.

What are you thinking in terms of amounts? I'd go 6-10" right now for us. Hate having to base higher numbers exclusively on ratios. RGEM is interesting with already 0.50+ down by 12z Wed. Unless it zips east like the 0z GGEM it should be wetter than the NAM.

I'm thinking of 8-12" for the Toronto area. And yes, the 12z RGEM looks tasty. Let's hope the models don't occlude the low too quickly. A nice gradual occlusion will do the trick.

I'm still pretty nervous about mixing all the way back @ home too. Last night I let my excitement get ahold of me. I think I'm going to actually wait till tomorrow morning until I actually make the decision whether or not to make the trip home. If LAF and home have near the same result, I may just stay here.

Home should be pretty safe...mixing concerns look limited. Here, I won't feel comfortable until after the storm is over.

I'm thinking of 8-12" for the Toronto area. And yes, the 12z RGEM looks tasty. Let's hope the models don't occlude the low too quickly. A nice gradual occlusion will do the trick.

I was thinking 8-12 too but I got cold feet after seeing another NAM run lower QPF. I'll put myself out on a limb and say half a foot is our absolute minimum for this storm.

I was thinking 8-12 too but I got cold feet after seeing another NAM run lower QPF. I'll put myself out on a limb and say half a foot is our absolute minimum for this storm.

Quarter foot for KW, then

It looks like I picked a bad day to leave Lambton County considering 10-15" is forecast right here for tomorrow. :arrowhead:

Maybe I'll, *ahem*, miss the train tonight :rolleyes:

27 stories or so, not sure on height, it would be gone forever. Since the best looks to come when it's dark, i'm not sure if i'll do rooftop or not, you might not be able to see anything up there. Right now i'm leaning towards going to Foster St Beach where they have real large lights and things tend to get wild there with NE winds.

The lighthouse at Touhy Beach is pretty nice too, I think there is some decent lighting out on the end of the pier. The winds would be WICKED there too!

Do you think it will be mostly sleet here? The thought of an inch of freezing rain scares me to death. Hopefully we can avoid that.

Honestly I thinks it a crap shoot right now, just too close to call. Each TV station is a little different with the details, as have the models.

Though the most consistent thing has been the look of ice (and alot of it) for all of Boone county..

The lighthouse at Touhy Beach is pretty nice too, I think there is some decent lighting out on the end of the pier. The winds would be WICKED there too!

There's a lighthouse just south of Foster as well, but it's 20 ft or so out in the water and i'm not sure i want to walk out on the 7ft wide pier to get to it if chunky ice waves are rocking.

I mean honestly, I don't think that there is really any forecast you could put that will be correct. Because we are talking miles between Snow.. Sleet.. Ice.. just impossible to exactly pinpoint..

I like the RUC for trends...maybe it will trend cooler but the above concerns me.

Archived