Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 7

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alek how tall is your building? You should pull a Timmer and use a hang glider to film. :lmao:

27 stories or so, not sure on height, it would be gone forever. Since the best looks to come when it's dark, i'm not sure if i'll do rooftop or not, you might not be able to see anything up there. Right now i'm leaning towards going to Foster St Beach where they have real large lights and things tend to get wild there with NE winds.

Based on the latest model runs, the average QPF range for the Toronto area is 0.75-0.90". Not as high as was shown a few days ago, but it looks like higher ratios and being in the best deformation zone will make up for the lower QPF. The latest "clown" snow map from the 12z NAM shows Toronto being in the 12-15" range.

Won't get even close to Jan 1999. We're kind of damned if we do, damned if we don't right now. NAM like solution keeps the sfc low too far south for the best precipitation. Rest of the other guidance with the more explosive development/further north track, means the low occludes more rapidly and we get the scraps (relatively speaking, it would still be a decent snowstorm). Think I'm rooting for the latter scenario. Get a nice trowal signature/700mb deformation zone over us and I'll take my chances with a decaying sfc low.

I was thinking of Dec.16 th 2007 type totals, Jan. 1999 was a little over the top. They both had thundersnow with sheets of snow coming down.

Regardless this looks like a memorable snowfall upcoming. Maybe thundersnow?

weatherguru. After telling me he was from lawrence and cumberland in chicago, he opened a new account saying he was from des plaines and then uploaded a web cam image, except the image was of lawrence and cumberland. Not the brightest bulb.

Plus, this person spelled "Des Plaines" wrong.

If you can't spell the name of your hometown correctly, there's a red flag right there. :scooter::lmao:

Based on the latest model runs, the average QPF range for the Toronto area is 0.75-0.90". Not as high as was shown a few days ago, but it looks like higher ratios and being in the best deformation zone will make up for the lower QPF. The latest "clown" snow map from the 12z NAM shows Toronto being in the 12-15" range.

What are you thinking in terms of amounts? I'd go 6-10" right now for us. Hate having to base higher numbers exclusively on ratios. RGEM is interesting with already 0.50+ down by 12z Wed. Unless it zips east like the 0z GGEM it should be wetter than the NAM.

I'm surprised at the potency of the LES, the bands are stretching about halfway across WI, well past here and we rarely get LES.

It'll really add to things since it'll be going until Wednesday, and get much more intense tomorrow as low-level winds increase. Maybe only a couple inches this far west, but near the lake people are gonna get hammered, and that doesn't even include the synoptic snows.

MKX has Madison at 17.5" in their grids fwiw.

12z NAM is basically all snow with over 1.8" qpf. Still very nervous though.

I'm still pretty nervous about mixing all the way back @ home too. Last night I let my excitement get ahold of me. I think I'm going to actually wait till tomorrow morning until I actually make the decision whether or not to make the trip home. If LAF and home have near the same result, I may just stay here.

Archived