northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 7

Powerball

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the radar I should be right in the middle of a light to moderate snow, yet I don't see a flake in the sky! The wind is picking up though.

WAA snow always seems to underperform here and ends up farther north than modeled.. I figured dry air might hurt us to..

I can like the NAM again.. Beer Thirty and a prayer for those that will be going through a nightmare in the ice storm. Please stay safe.

Chatty bunch while I was gone.. about a beers worth of catching up to do.

West side of Muncie. Heavy sleet and only sleet. Very few, if any, snowflakes or rain drops mixing in. Sleet has covered the ground to about a 1/4" or so, enough to grab a handful off the ground. There is a very light glaze of ice on the basketball rim outside, but it hasn't changed significantly since I last checked it a couple hours ago.

Convective feedback issue? Note the big QPF bomb it has at 24hrs in W.TN/W.KY. That is where the run goes astray. or seems to anyways.

It has to be. The run really doesn't even make sense. No way the NAM pulls a coup and beats the GFS/Euro/CMC/UK here. I am going SREF NMM/ARW and RGEM for a more realistic threat.

West side of Muncie. Heavy sleet and only sleet. Very few, if any, snowflakes or rain drops mixing in. Sleet has covered the ground to about a 1/4" or so, enough to grab a handful off the ground. There is a very light glaze of ice on the basketball rim outside, but it hasn't changed significantly since I last checked it a couple hours ago.

And the girlfriend of Angrysummons isn't so dumb after all.

Archived