Newest Member
    joxey
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 3"-6" on Tuesday statewide. Not exactly a ballsy call lol

I have no problem with that call. Why go on television and go crazy at this point? I'm sure you'll explain the situation and that should be sufficient two days before the storm. No worries.

As a side note, I saw numerous homeowners shoveling their roofs in Old Lyme today. I've lived in SE CT for 47 years. Don't recall ever seeing that before.

Kevin is on fire, play the hot eh cold hand LOL. If this turns colder snowier its for everyone,little less QPF in CNE equals bigger ratios, little colder in SNE equals bigger snows, root for the win win. Remember the three day snow of 08? Another 100 hour snowing storm for some? If it pans out there could be 3 feet depths plus from Brian to New Haven. Time to watch but how can you fight this winters trend, it wants to snow where it wants to snow. Clean up by crews is going to be a b**ch and if the progs are right they will not be done with one when its snowing again.

I have no problem with that call. Why go on television and go crazy at this point? I'm sure you'll explain the situation and that should be sufficient two days before the storm. No worries.

As a side note, I saw numerous homeowners shoveling their roofs in Old Lyme today. I've lived in SE CT for 47 years. Don't recall ever seeing that before.

Same here but I could only do the back deck side a little, no access. Lots of people doing it on lower roofs. Talked to some at the store, I think the media is freaking people out.

For the sake of argument... If Pete's 20-25" range holds if will be epic. If it heads a little southeast based on colder progs then so be it. It dosen't matter. What it does indicate that the potential is there for something of significant proportions this week.:snowman:

Wow that's gutsy this far out.

I think those totals will shift around a ton. Not sure about 3 day totals ?

Someone mentioned they didn't think the 18z rgem had changed. The rgem is west of the 18z gfs east of California...closer to or a split towards the nam.

I think this dog will hunt and this is the trend that sticks...towards the nam.

SNE big city weenies-

There is going to be a run on the stores beginning tomorrow.

Consider how the tone even here has changed the past two days. I've noticed a steady increase in levels of concern among many posters who were giddy last week.

It began with talk about icicle dangers. Then a wave of chatter about ice dam troubles. High berm warnings followed from many who are disliking the hazards of great snow depth. An avalanche of roof weight build-up posts soon followed.

And now the growing certainty here that mastodon-immobilizing snows are at your doorsteps.

This changing tone has taken place here among the people who best understand the effects of winter.

Imagine how the other 99% of your neighbors will react. They begin to panic-buy tomorrow.

The herd of the great unwashed will become skittish tonight when they begin to hear those first rustlings from the little people with the big heads that read them the news and play-act the weather on those millions of tv's.

The cities have a problem coming up. Whether or not and to what degree it happens is moot.

The shelves are going to begin going bare tomorrow.

So, panic before they do.

Vim Toot!

I hope we do not go through the TV met bashing, why isn't my school closed,why did they let the kids out early, why aren't I in a warning crap again this storm.

Yeah we better not see that TV met crap again...if you don't agree with the forecast, give a good reason why and do it in an adult manner rather than some back handed bash like 90% of weenies like to do.

I'll also echo Brian's (dendrite) sentiment on its gotten a little out of control here today with each little 5 mile shift on the models. Obviously we know there is going to be a gradient in this system, but try and relax a bit as we have 2+ days still to go...this isn't nowcasting time yet. Try to look at larger scale features like Scott pointed out with the PV and where the main plains s/w is rather than focusing on a 3.7 mile shift in the 850 0C line and either hanging yourself or claiming 18" of snow is a lock.

SNE big city weenies-

There is going to be a run on the stores beginning tomorrow. ..................................................

The shelves are going to begin going bare tomorrow.

So, panic before they do.

Vim Toot!

i agree that the general tone of some is heightened and should be

but there will be no run on stores starting tommorrow. Mets are not going to be saying "2 feet run for the hills" i mean supermarkets will be open next weekend

i think they will just really be adamant about taking weight off the roofs....THAT iS the real concern.

OT:

Since Channel 7 (boston market) lost Todd I would not take any forecast they put forth as "good"

Buddy at work brings the site all the time. Easy saying itswrong because it most always is. Irresponsible is a word that comes to mind with a map like that.

Responsible forecast would be to put the word out possible Major snowstorm is pending mid-week, accum dependent on set-up and evolution.

Ryan the Boston Stations are calling

Wow...I just moved the piles from the entire winter off of my deck so the roof piles can take over there tomorrow but the roof cleaner will move it off the deck thankfully. Meanwhile, after doing that, I had to reshovel the yard to make a reasonable path to the garbage/recycling etc. I'm bathed in sweat. Snow's on the way...bring it!

Archived