amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its either going to be 6" of snow and then a mega ice storm here, or 6" of snow and then 12" of snow.

Either way a big problem.

What's the problem with option B LOL, we talked about this tonight, amazing, hey the dump trucks we saw tonight carrying all the snow out of the city, where were they going? Weenie ridge?

How the hell did you get the downspouts flowing?

Well for one thing it was 34-35 F and sunny for most of the day. I detach the elbow at the base and then rattle the hell out of the downspout until the ice breaks free. Then I bash it into chunks as it comes out the bottom. Then I rattle the hell out of the elbow and the long outward piece until all the long chunks are out.

Obviously it only works if is warmish out. I think tomorrow will be another window of opportunity for downspout clearing.

What's. The problem with option B LOL, we talked about this tonight, amazing, hey the dump trucks we saw tonight carrying all the snow out of the city, where were they going? Weenie ridge?

As a weenie I say bring on the snow and pile it high.

However, realistically I know that eventually one of these storms is heading towards Ontario and the deeper the snow pack (sponge?) on peoples roofs the more people that will be paying the rain piper.

I continue to be baffled as to how such a strong low forms in such a poor 500mb setup...this reminds me alot of how the GFS spins up insane closed 500 lows off the East Coast with no support...this time the low is not even closed at 500 though it somehow manages to approach those levels in a confluent pattern....call me crazy but I have a feeling the GEM is onto something with this storm.

what about the 1060 high in montana and the impressive WAA out of the gulf in front of it?

seems like a recipe for a storm?

i could be wrong, i dont know.

What we need to happen to see the more suppressed solution to become reality is for that shortwave on the backside of the trough to dig more to allow for that ridge out west to become more amplified and rolled over, which would cause more confluence on the north side of the system and cause sne to stay a lot colder!

90hr is closer to the 18z with 0C riding the MA/NH border, but it doesn't have that late WAA surge 18z had.

Yeah it's warmer than 12z in the mid levels, but I was referring to the track.

That little weak low moving underneath sne is going to cad the crap out of many..maybe even BOS for a time. I've seen it before where winds turn nrly behind the weak low causing the overrunning. You guys look better and better...even if this went south considerably.

That will stop at the pike.

That would be nice. I have a feeling the Pike may delineate those from paint peeling to those with 8"+ perhaps. Hope the euro cools off. I love the CAD signal...that may continue to bode well in the mid levels as we go forward. Sometimes the models turn slightly cooler at 850, once we near the event..or if the low ticks south a hair. However, it still could be a sleet bomb for many. Don't just look at 850 temps.

That would be nice. I have a feeling the Pike may delineate those from paint peeling to those with 8"+ perhaps. Hope the euro cools off. I love the CAD signal...that may continue to bode well in the mid levels as we go forward. Sometimes the models turn slightly cooler at 850, once we near the event..or if the low ticks south a hair. However, it still could be a sleet bomb for many. Don't just look at 850 temps.

Go cold is what I was told by a met who is not so old.

Archived