12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 31-February 2 MAJOR Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it was designed to handle stuff like that. Then again, it's not really designed to handle the ridiculous DGZ depths being progged either. SLRs are going to be a tough one to hammer out, but I think it's relatively safe to say that a general 15:1 should be widespread, with some places probably much higher than that.

Yeah thats true. It will be pretty solid ratios either way regardless if flakes are blasted--this thing looks epic. The drift potential is going to be very high and will wreak havoc is anything close to the 15+" is realized across the blizzard prone areas.

Skilling 8 minutes ago:

The jet stream's critical role in producing winter storms was highlighted in an important scientific paper which came out in 1987 from Dr. Louis Uccellini and Paul Kocin. With all the talk of storm tracks & model precip estimates today, the Uccellini/Kocin paper is relevant as we watch a storm which threatens to turn i...nto a full blown blizzard coming together.

Still some differences to be ironed out between the NAM and GFS in regards to the northern stream system. This might still be an issue.

Yeah could very well be noise--who knows. I am interested in seeing if the ensemble mean shifted either which way much--or if the intensity is different. The GFS shows feedback effects later on after 84--so being even a tad bit too slow in development of the non-linear feedback process--it can throw it off. I have to think it will be more intense and stronger than the GFS has.

Yeah could very well be noise--who knows. I am interested in seeing if the ensemble mean shifted either which way much--or if the intensity is different. The GFS shows feedback effects later on after 84--so being even a tad bit too slow in development of the non-linear feedback process--it can throw it off. I have to think it will be more intense and stronger than the GFS has.

Am i correct in assuming that it would be better to compare to 12z vs 18z based on the stuff the models get at each run?

Always seems that the 06z/18z runs are a bit different then 12/00z and my guess is that?

Its own 300mb charts certainly suggest that. Good grief at that coupled jet structure.

Archived