joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2 MAJOR Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think eastern Iowa's in pretty good shape. Everything seems to be slowly trending towards the Euro, which lambastes most of Iowa. I prefer to be on the northwest side of these SW flow systems. We've been burned too many times by a last minute nudge to the left leaving us with pingers/dry slot. Time will tell.

The GFS has gone a bit more amped, but that is only helping the Chicago to Michigan corridor because the whole trough has been shifted eastward a bit. The GFS's defo zone still just scrapes by here, but now it's oriented more sw to ne rather than wsw to ene. Now any further east shift will cause the snow totals in Iowa to rapidly fall, even as Chicago and Detroit ramp up.

I got an idea. Powerball, rename this as the obs thread. Overunning out in MN/IA will probably start later tomorrow night, so it's not that far in the future.

Then Hoosier can continue with the storm forecasting/modelling threads.

How about Hoosier just make a new one and we merge my thread with his.

It's even worse to make an OBS. thread this far out.

I got an idea. Powerball, rename this as the obs thread. Overunning out in MN/IA will probably start later tomorrow night, so it's not that far in the future.

Then Hoosier can continue with the storm forecasting/modelling threads.

lol, come on guys. This is the new thread...deal with it. :)

Archived