Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 31-February 2 MAJOR Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would like to see the NAM come a bit more northwest in line with the Euro and I think it's possible but I wouldn't be complaining if this run verified.

it's one of the most epic fantast blizzards here lakeside i've seen inside 84hrs. 1.4" of all snow and decent ratios (and still snowing at 84) with a ripping NE wind off the lake. INSANE.

the euro has been very good with this storm, excellent....yes i agree.

GFS has consisistently trended in one direction which is good too and lends increasing confidence.

the NAM has done very well also IMO.

to be fair, nothing has happened yet, the ECM could crash and burn....but it's sitting pretty now.

All I can say is, "it's about time". Two years to the day (almost) after the February 2009 megabust, mother nature may be about to lift our snow probation. Just imagine: 10-12" for ottawa, maybe 17" for Toronto. I mean, the province of Ontario could be shut down.

In a way, this could be even better than December 16,2007. Not in terms of snowfall - it'll likely be less in Ottawa - but in terms of what follows. The 2007 storm was followed by mild air. This storm will be followed by brutal, frigid, Siberian air the likes of which could freeze your livers. Imagine if we hit -30C again, without the win, with a fresh foot of snow on the ground being blown around by a gusty north or northwesterly wind.

I like between 18z Tue and 0z Wed. That itty bitty slightly warm layer at 800 at 66 will be overcome.

The warm layer between 66-72 hours isn't that warm or thick...that timeframe would be the real question mark...either sleet or heavily rimed flakes.

As usual, right on cue. :lol:

Archived