joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

Kids are not supposed to be practicing the bumps without a helmet or snow

Hope she is ok

27.6F

lol, Thanks, she's fine now but she really scared herself (and us). Nasty gash on her leg though. Unfortunately, she is displaying some of my thrill seeking traits. I geuss it's payback for all the scares I gave my parents. My Mom just rattled of a long list of ER visits I put them through. Oy.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31/22

I do like that despite cold then a mainly rain event last night the cold is right back in here tonight. We'll get some fun storms this winter.

That's it Chris, of course. Not only that but the bulk of the precip that fell in what someone termed a 'warm rainstorm for SNE actually fell as frozen'. Steady stepping down. I'd rather focus on all the ways it could/will snow than outlining all the ways it won't. Of special annoyance to me is this notion that some how if we don't get snow in the next 3 weeks we'll have missed our window for snow. Simply preposterous.

lol, Thanks, she's fine now but she really scared herself (and us). Nasty gash on her leg though. Unfortunately, she is displaying some of my thrill seeking traits. I geuss it's payback for all the scares I gave my parents. My Mom just rattled of a long list of ER visits I put them through. Oy.

Sorry to hear about your daughter man, always scary having to rush to the ER. My uncle just had a very serious heart attack and they saved him by shocking his heart; it was very frightening.

Most people saw just rain/sleet out of the last storm, not exactly a significant event on Thanksgiving. The only reason widespread advisories were hoisted is because of the day and all the traveling associated with it.

Sorry to hear about your daughter man, always scary having to rush to the ER. My uncle just had a very serious heart attack and they saved him by shocking his heart; it was very frightening.

Most people saw just rain/sleet out of the last storm, not exactly a significant event on Thanksgiving. The only reason widespread advisories were hoisted is because of the day and all the traveling associated with it.

Thanks, it was a bummer. When you have kids some day you'll know the anguish of not being able to trade places with them when they're hurt or sick. All is well now though. The balance of the storm here and many other places featured below freezing temps and the full range of Winter precip though it was mostly zr. Perhaps you saw some of the pics posted.

I was lucky enough to witness ripping dendrites for a period, starting snowing after 9am then changed to sleet around noon, half inch, not too bad at all for Tday in the suburbs just north of Philly, ironically both events this year have been south with ginx getting two inches a couple weeks ago, and eastern pa jackpotting this time.

ANOTHER FESTIVUS MIRACLE!

Going to inlaws for tday FTW!!

I wouldn't describe it as a "major event" but it was our first all frozen winter event....28qpf and quite a bit of ice on everything. Lost power for a few hours as well. Pattern is clearly stepping down and we've had a couple of pretty cold days with highs in the 38-45 range for the next few in the forecast. Certainly not a warm pattern at least in cne nne.

hope she's ok.

Thanks, she'll be fine. I think she was just very scared. All part of learning risk/reward. She was worried she wouldn't be able to ski. That's my girl.lol BTW, really glad to see you made it here. Maybe we'll get a round in this coming spring. I'd love to get some pointers.

25/20, So crisp and clear. I just went out into the backyard and laid out on the picnic table looking up at the stars. I do this frequently before going to bed. Something about taking a minute to observe the celestial machinations before turning in is very centering. Each star has made it's trek across the night sky before you and will continue long after you. We've had some clear cold nights this Autumn, great for star gazing, but tonight was the first night since sometime in early March when I reclined in the the snow fort I built with my daughter, that the stars appeared so clean and diamond like. Winter is upon us and this rock we're marooned on is now in the preferred position. Let the games begin.

25/20, So crisp and clear. I just went out into the backyard and laid out on the picnic table looking up at the stars. I do this frequently before going to bed. Something about taking a minute to observe the celestial machinations before turning in is very centering. Each star has made it's trek across the night sky before you and will continue long after you. We've had some clear cold nights this Autumn, great for star gazing, but tonight was the first night since sometime in early March when I reclined in the the snow fort I built with my daughter, that the stars appeared so clean and diamond like. Winter is upon us and this rock we're marooned on is now in the preferred position. Let the games begin.

It's amazing really. How your eyes just keep adjusting to the night sky and you see more and more of the depth of the starfield. it's really a quieting experience. Glad your girl is OK.

:weenie:

I wouldn't describe it as a "major event" but it was our first all frozen winter event....28qpf and quite a bit of ice on everything. Lost power for a few hours as well. Pattern is clearly stepping down and we've had a couple of pretty cold days with highs in the 38-45 range for the next few in the forecast. Certainly not a warm pattern at least in cne nne.

It'll get plenty warm there Tuesday/Wednesday when the lakes cutter moves through. I wouldn't be surprised if even NNE got into the upper 50s with that storm. You have a few cold days remaining to enjoy, however.

00z GFS continues to feature a retrograder. We're almost into the time frame of pre-truncation which will be one baby step closer to this being a real threat. :thumbsup:post-532-0-41211000-1290833670.gif

Looks like rain...weird storm but too warm for SNE. Looks as if maritime air is once again causing problems with the extreme -NAO.

Absolutely horrific night last night. For whatever reason, my smoke detectors went off last night at 2am. They kept going on and off for about 30 minutes, driving me insane. They are all wired together so when one goes off...they all go off. I finally disconnected them, but I was concerned there might be a CO issue. I was pretty confident, the smoke/CO detectors were malfunctioning, but I called the fire dept.....mostly because of my wife. I wasn't exactly 100% sure it was malfunctioning, so figured I'd call just to be sure. Turns out I was right and I guess the detectors just f*cked up. Working on about 3 hrs of sleep.

Absolutely horrific night last night. For whatever reason, my smoke detectors went off last night at 2am. They kept going on and off for about 30 minutes, driving me insane. They are all wired together so when one goes off...they all go off. I finally disconnected them, but I was concerned there might be a CO issue. I was pretty confident, the smoke/CO detectors were malfunctioning, but I called the fire dept.....mostly because of my wife. I wasn't exactly 100% sure it was malfunctioning, so figured I'd call just to be sure. Turns out I was right and I guess the detectors just f*cked up. Working on about 3 hrs of sleep.

That sucks. The co and smoke detectors will sound if either of them detects anything? That's kind of problematic in that it doesnt' allow you to recognize what's wrong....

27.5/20. Time for my morning walk.

you know how you make that experience 100x more fun? add a kid and a dog. LOL

That sucks. The co and smoke detectors will sound if either of them detects anything? That's kind of problematic in that it doesnt' allow you to recognize what's wrong....

27.5/20. Time for my morning walk.

These things are state of the art. They even yell "fire fire" when they go off ..lol. I think if CO triggers it, it would probably say it? I don't know and don't want to find out. I literally almost ripped all of them out of the ceiling. I was so freakin' pissed. On top of that, having Boston Fire show up at 2:30am.

Archived