Newest Member
    Toothache
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco VI

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really miss your AFD additions at BOX

With you and Walt elsewhere, they are sorta dry now.

Maybe they can hire the Rev to write some every now and then

The thing is that the BOX nws office is chock full of great scientists. They may night post here often (besides turtle and JoeD) but I would challenge anyone to to find a better forecast office when it comes to forecasting winter weather. The goal is to get the forecast right, not rile up the weenies with "interesting" afd's. lol. Walt was unique as they come. :lol:

Beast today, or MRG?

Catamount for a twilight sesson. Have a nephew that's working as an instructor there so I ski with him once a week. Work tomorrow then MRG for Thursday. Originally planned the day as the "day after a big thump" but...... doesn't really matter. Steep and deep will be there.

What is your reasoning behind that? Mine is just eternal optimism as we head into a run.

:lol: that's good enough for me!

I'm looking at water vapor, and the northern stream trough is a little west of the model progs, and a little more amplified ... should slow it down a bit, obtaining a more neutral tilt.... could be interesting. And then based on what I'm hearing from those inspecting activity in the Gulf.

... but at the end of the day, I'll still be looking at 3-6" lol

Archived