12bet1 net
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco VI

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, Noyes is crushing the NAM

Calling it out...

What's Noyes reasoning? Which hours/when does it go wrong? It was the first model to show the split in moisture which...slowly they all came around too. Again he may be right, I'll wait for the rest of the suite, but this wasn't unforeseen.

Burbank FTW

Not yet. We get crunched after 27 hours.

Can you show me where it's having problems right from the start? I just got back, curious as to what hours/where.

take a look at the initialized simulated radar compared to what is being seen across the south right now. This thing can't handle convection for sht. There are hundreds of square miles of 40+ and higher DBZ returns. Any thoughts?

this is what I'm seeing wrong...

What's Noyes reasoning? Which hours/when does it go wrong? It was the first model to show the split in moisture which...slowly they all came around too. Again he may be right, I'll wait for the rest of the suite, but this wasn't unforeseen.

Not yet. We get crunched after 27 hours.

One man's crunched is another man's 1/2-1/hour.

You folks have to get on the Matt Noyes livestream...

It's like Rev Kev and Tip have mind-melded

He'd better be right

I've learned this year not to speak in absolutes. I suspect he's going to find the same thing.

33 hours, ACK in heavy snow, moderate up to BOS/SE MA, light up to 495

Yep, it's coming Weathafella, it's just a miss with the right jab, then it will hit us squarely with the left hook I think.

wow.

As you said earlier, at least it's colder :)

This storm is bringing back nightmares of 2/10/10.

I actually thought about that, sort of relying for the 500 low to come through. I think the NAM is off its rocker, but I hate seeing those solutions. If the GFS stays put or even moves a hair nw, I'll feel better. At least the mid level features actually looked better on this run of the NAM.

Archived