joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Grade This Winter

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B: No where near 2004-2005 or 1995-1996, but better than last years C-. Every storm here this season has been tainted by a significant amount of sleet. Could see it being an A- in NW RI or the Boston area. Didn't get below zero yet, low was 0.1 F today. Narragansett Bay not very iced over.

The slightly over 1 month period between Feb 5-Mar 9, 2001 is extremely tough to beat from ORH into SW NH elevations. That was pretty epic for recent times.

That was a Gifted and Talented class. Most in this area fall into that category. And we won't mention the prodigies from the Savoy/West Chesterfield area

In CT for sure...for BOS and out to here...Dec 26-Jan 26 2005 was better....but if we get totally croaked from this next one then it might be better.

I do not know for sure about anywhere but IMBY as far as best months but SNE as a whole has seen the best stretch since 05. As you say it will top 05 if the 26th is a bomb.

I ran across a great site that gave all the ORH records for winter, great stretch for you guys, was it cold too or was there warmups?

There was actually a brief warmup in February that winter but it wasn't nearly enough to do much damage to the snow pack that kept rising. There was still like 27" of snow on the ground the first week of April, it was pretty sick.

There was actually a brief warmup in February that winter but it wasn't nearly enough to do much damage to the snow pack that kept rising. There was still like 27" of snow on the ground the first week of April, it was pretty sick.

When did it melt? I see a lot of coastal peeps here saying their pack will last til May, but my experience with 100"+ seasons (and 36" packs) is that by the end of April it is gone.

When did it melt? I see a lot of coastal peeps here saying their pack will last til May, but my experience with 100"+ seasons (and 36" packs) is that by the end of April it is gone.

It was gone by about April 20th...but piles lasted into early May. Snow melts a lot faster than people think once you get those 65-70F temps and a high sun angle. In fact, if we had a big February and then a lackluster March...snow pack could still easily be gone by first week of April.

Archived