joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015-2016 Snowfall Predictions

packbacker

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going conservative.  I think that the cold air may be lacking unless you are in the northern mountains.  We'll see.

Greenville, NC- 2

Raleigh - 4

Greensboro - 6

Charlotte - 4

Asheville - 6

GSP - 4

Columbia - T

Atlanta - 3

Macon - T

Greenville, NC- T

Raleigh - 1"

Greensboro - 3"

Charlotte - T

Asheville - 4"

GSP - 0"

Columbia - 0"

Atlanta - 0"

Macon - Seriously? it snows twice a decade in Macon.

We benefit from the Cold air sources like ATL does...They are up a bit higher than we are, but its not a HUGE difference.

No, it isn't a huge difference.  I've been trying to find the most accurate numbers, I'm seeing Macon averages .7" per year?  What is the average amount of times Macon has accumulating snowfall in a ten year span? (Not counting Traces)

No, it isn't a huge difference.  I've been trying to find the most accurate numbers, I'm seeing Macon averages .7" per year?  What is the average amount of times Macon has accumulating snowfall in a ten year span? (Not counting Traces)

Ya, about .7" to around an inch or so....

• 2 months later...

As you would have guessed, the prediction with the less snowfall totals won. Congrats J.C. Overall, most of us got played.

RnTdH17.png

Hey man, I think your green winners for CAE and ATL are wrong....unless I'm misreading.  Thanks for keeping track of all this, though.

Hey man, I think your green winners for CAE and ATL are wrong....unless I'm misreading. Thanks for keeping track of all this, though.

You're right. Whoops! I'll update the image

Also, I put a trace for PGV even though I couldn't find hard data, but I see Trace amounts on the accum. map for the Feb event for PGV. All help verifying totals is appreciated by anyone willing...I used xmACIS2. 

Archived